Options

Took the CISSP CBT last night.....

JcastJcast Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
A grueling test that took me 5 hours and 50 minutes to complete. I received the results 2 minutes later when the proctor retrieved the printout. I wasn't feeling so good about my results when he folded the paper and handed it to me. I thought I had failed and was already planning to retake the test. I walked out of the room and opened the paper and it said I passed!!! I was so relieved. Anyone have thoughts on submitting the resume/CV and endorsement information?

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can tell you that ISC2 is expecting more from endorsers to verify your information about the required experience as correct. My endorser also endorsed other CISSP candidates previsouly, and he told me that the new requirements are MUCH more comprehensive. SO, on your CV, make SURE the dates you worked are EXACTLY right.
    Do you have an endorser?

Congrats big time on the pass, by the way.
  • Options
    Thank you. I do have an endorser and I'm adjusting my resume/CV to add the required CISSP/ISC2 information that was requested. Thanks for the info. How long did it take from the time you passed the CBT till you received an acknowledgement email from ISC2??
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't worry, it happens in about two days. The e-mail will look exactly like the printout, barring the Pearson Vue logo.

My endorser sent my information about a week later. Two days after endorser sent info, I received confirmation of endorsement package from ISC. A few weeks later, I logged into the ISC site with my candidate number, as I did about twice a day, and the 'keys to the kingdom' were available to me, followed by an e-mail congratulating me.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass!!!!!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_cheers.gif Congrats on the pass! And yes, they are getting more stringent with the endorsements. As Kalkan said, make sure your resume is spot on and also double check your contact info. for said jobs and ensure that it's as current as possible. I posted elsewhere but my endorser was contacted by ISC2 to verify a job contact and I had to go back and update the information for that particular job. I submitted the packet and got the verification email the next morning. Turn around time for me was 3 1/2 weeks.

By the way, reading your post about receiving your results as soon as you stepped out of the test booth made me jealous. my 5 1/2 week was not fun. icon_lol.gif
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    @other CISSPers: I submitted my contact info for all my employers but one of them (a 6 month long job) would only verify dates and only through The Work Number. My endorser got my dates of employment and job title through that. I'm hoping that's good enough for ISC2 because the job itself will not actually provide a reference beyond that
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    loneferretloneferret Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass...
  • Options
    DarthVaderDarthVader Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just got my results from the June 2nd PBT. I PASSED!!!!!!!!
    wow, I am so relieved....I'm going to take some time to celebrate now.:D
  • Options
    Nice!!! Welcome to the club!! lol.
  • Options
    Just submitted my endorsement and resume/CV. Keep you posted!
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think I would have physically passed out about 4.5 hours into it - let alone nearing the six hour limit. icon_rolleyes.gif

- beads
  • Options
    nomadicallynomadically Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    DarthVader wrote: »
    I just got my results from the June 2nd PBT. I PASSED!!!!!!!!
    wow, I am so relieved....I'm going to take some time to celebrate now.:D

Congrats on the pass! However I find it ironic discussing endorsements when its for the master of the dark side. Guess we'll cut some slack since he came around in the end (RotJ). icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @Iristheangel: A great deal of HR folk are only told to verify the dates the person worked at the company. If you have problems with HR trying to verify your work you should see if an old boss,supervisor, or co-worker would be able to assist you. This has been done in the past for other candidates in which case the company went out of business.

Congratulations to all!!!
  • Options
    vin167vin167 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations! to all who passed the exam.
  • Options
    DarthVaderDarthVader Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just got my email confirming that they have my endorsement form and resume

I was a little confised by this:

"If your submission includes a qualified endorser, please allow 6 weeks for your submission to be reviewed and processed.

If your submission did not include a qualified endorser, please allow 6 weeks for your submission to be reviewed and processed."

I wonder why they phrased it like that? it looks like either way, you need to wait 6 weeks?
  • Options
    MattSCMattSC Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My guess is that at one time the processing time varied (or can vary) between the two options, but currently it's the same, and they've stuck with the same email template.

"If your submission includes a qualified endorser, please allow 6 weeks for your submission to be reviewed and processed.

If your submission did not include a qualified endorser, please allow 6 weeks for your submission to be reviewed and processed."

I wonder why they phrased it like that? it looks like either way, you need to wait 6 weeks?
  • Options

So funny because I was just saying the same thing. I read it 3X thinking "did I miss something?"
  • Options
    MattSC wrote: »
    My guess is that at one time the processing time varied (or can vary) between the two options, but currently it's the same, and they've stuck with the same email template.

That was my conclusion as well.
  • Options
    Congratulations on the pass!!!!!

Thank you!
  • Options
    @other CISSPers: I submitted my contact info for all my employers but one of them (a 6 month long job) would only verify dates and only through The Work Number. My endorser got my dates of employment and job title through that. I'm hoping that's good enough for ISC2 because the job itself will not actually provide a reference beyond that

When did you submit your endorsement?