Options

N10-004 Failed :(

sys_tecksys_teck Member Posts: 130 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys/gals

I'm reporting that unfortunately I failed N10-004 with 685 icon_sad.gif. well I guess the better lack next time. I know in whhat areas I've missed, so back to reviewing N10-004 book..
working on CCNA

Comments

• Options
    lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What have you been using to study and for how long?
    How did you do per section?

I plan on taking it in the next few weeks, just need to force some study time.
    I'd like to get 004 done before the Aug 31 end date
  • Options
    Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi sys_tech,

All I would say to you is don't give up, keep at it go over your weakest areas again & again.

Regards

Rob
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. How much time/what resources are you using for studies?
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    @lunchbox

I've been using <still using this book> Todd Lammle CompTIA Network+ N10-004 study guide <Sybex publisher>. Use Professor Messer video. Been studying for 9 months. On and off. Pay very close attention to TCP/UDP ports, WAN technologies, wireless, and security, network scanners, network optimization.
    working on CCNA
  • Options
    4_lom wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. How much time/what resources are you using for studies?

@4_lom

Time about 3 hours a day, but it was on and off for 9 months. Resources Todd Lammle Sybex CompTIA Network+ N10-004 study guide. i'' concentrate now on my weak points and move on. Need to brush up TCP/UDP ports, WAN, wireless , network management. :) Wish me like guys!
    working on CCNA
  • Options
    teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I read cover to cover both Lammle's book and Meyers book. Overall, I like Meyers book much better. However, I like Lammle's chapters on subnetting and Ethernet much better than Meyers. I take the test on Friday, so we'll see.
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
  • Options
    lunchbox67lunchbox67 Member Posts: 132 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you try the CompTIA sample test?

Sample Questions
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    teancum144 wrote: »
    I read cover to cover both Lammle's book and Meyers book. Overall, I like Meyers book much better. However, I like Lammle's chapters on subnetting and Ethernet much better than Meyers. I take the test on Friday, so we'll see.

Meh I tell people all the time - If you just want the certification, I wouldn't worry about subnetting at all for network+. If anything you'll probably get one or two questions on the subject. If it's something you can pick up in a day or two, then sure, go for it. But I hear about people spending 'weeks' at a time on subnetting for the network+ and then the test disappoints by barely referencing it.

There's just so much other material to focus on, and you can always cover subnetting on your own time.
  • Options
    lunchbox67 wrote: »
    Did you try the CompTIA sample test?

Sample Questions

I did, CompTIA question are good, but there wasn't any similarities. I would say its more Trainsignal questions.
    working on CCNA
  • Options
    gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    sys_teck wrote: »
    I did, CompTIA question are good, but there wasn't any similarities. I would say its more Trainsignal questions.

I just passed network+ myself. Def learn your wireless technologies, networking protocols, network security and hardware and software tools. IT's a lot but you should pass...
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.
  • Options
    teancum144teancum144 Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    YFZblu wrote: »
    Meh I tell people all the time - If you just want the certification, I wouldn't worry about subnetting at all for network+. If anything you'll probably get one or two questions on the subject. If it's something you can pick up in a day or two, then sure, go for it. But I hear about people spending 'weeks' at a time on subnetting for the network+ and then the test disappoints by barely referencing it.

There's just so much other material to focus on, and you can always cover subnetting on your own time.
    I did spend a lot of time studying subnetting. However, for more than just passing the exam, but also because I really wanted to master subnetting for my own personal enrichment. icon_study.gif
    If you like my comments or questions, you can show appreciation by clicking on the reputation badge/star icon near the lower left of my post. :D
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Firstly, it's admirable to admit your fail. You'll get it next time for sure. Secondly, I would be sure to round off your study with the videos, meaning that your main focus should be textbook and practice tests. Cable specs, port numbers, protocols, networking hardware, tools, and troubleshooting a network were big on the test when I took it. If you plan to continue with networking, get subnetting down... although it wasn't very heavy on the test when I took it.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    teancum144 wrote: »
    Good luck.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass this. Many of us that have taken more than a few exams have dropped one or two along the way and know how disappointing it can be. The good news though is that with a score of 685 you probably only missed by a couple of questions and if you focus on weak areas, you'll pass it with flying colors next time.

Good luck.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good luck you'll get it next time