• Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    same nick here but i was always in #2600 and #hackphreak

i still have my redbox
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    yeah the nick looks familiar.. but i dont think we ever interacted.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Recuperating at home today from DC20. A great four days, despite a miserable drive back home, mostly due to road construction delays.

Here's a YouTube video that sums up some of the activities at DC20: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6T0eikGsng

My unique con experience was managing to get my foot run over by Jason Scott on a Segway while filming a documentary about Defcon. icon_lol.gif He's quite a character. I'll plug his hackish films and ASCII files Web site here to show him there's no hard feelings: ASCII by Jason Scott

UPDATE: Whoa, I just discovered that I'm now being followed by Bruce Schneier himself on Twitter! I'll post a link to his DC20 talk when it appears on YouTube (I'm very surprised one is not already there).
  • Options
    chaser7783chaser7783 Member Posts: 154
    Defcon was a lot of fun, but it seems each year there are less and less talks that show active demos. Seems like Defcon has gone from a hacking conference to more of an Infosec conference. I might try to check out Derbycon this year and see how that stacks up to defcon.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    Many of the live demo talks were in Track 4, but it did feel that many talk opted for screenshots/videos of their demos rather than live. I chalk that up to the popularity of exploits needing equipment that could not be easily transported or run at defcon--especially by researchers from foreign countries.

Next up for me to Toorcon in San Diego, which is like a small, cozy DefCon in the SD Convention Center.

And there's always Burning Man in September...
  • Options
    chaser7783chaser7783 Member Posts: 154
    Have you heard any feedback about derbycon or notacon?
    Derbycon looks to have a strong speaker list so far: https://www.derbycon.com/speakers-2/