Stuck in a Rut

jelllojelllo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

Currently, I'm a very bored .NET developer with tons of down time at work (I also don't care for the people I work with). So I decided this summer to focus on certifications. I plan to finish a MS in Computer Science (General Emphasis) next spring. I currently have a BS in Computer Science as well. I have roughly 5 years of experience since graduating with my BS. I've been an Application Support Analyst (Web CMS, Web Design), Hosting Support Analyst (Deploying sites, etc.), and now software development with .NET and a focus on javascript. Any who, I passed the new OCAJP 7 (SCJP Jr.) exam back in May, picked up the Security+ (Darril's book was very helpful!) yesterday and plan to pick up the OCPJP 7 (SCJP) before the end of the summer. Afterwards, I will be back to focusing on classes and not so much on certification.

I would like to go the route of software development with a focus on security and get away from the world of business apps and writing CRUD. I decided to go with Java certification over MS based on its widespread usage and I've always been anti-MS at heart. I feel like I've learned all that I'm going to learn at my current position (a long time ago), however, I never hear anything back when applying for other positions (I guess going to school part-time is a turn off?). Should I just wait until I graduate (a little under a year) and then attempt to move to a more technical area?