Question for those attending Grad schools online other than WGU.

jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
I've been talking with the University of Illinois about their online MIS and they require you to find a proctor for your testing. I guess my question is that common with most online Grad schools?
WGU grad

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Not grad but my BS required proctoring only for math tests. I used my local library and everything was smooth.
  • ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    Proctoring isn't out of the ordinary, in fact I'd say it's more common than not. A co-worker is doing his MS at Penn State and needs a proctor for exams.

FYI, WGU uses proctors to (PearsonVue, or their own webcam system that replicates the same environment).
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Most require proctors. If they don't offer webcam like WGU, you can typically use a library.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    How hard is it to get accepted to University of Illinois? Seems like a good program? Affordable? How is your experience so far in applying? What made you want to go there?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How hard is it to get accepted to University of Illinois? Seems like a good program? Affordable? How is your experience so far in applying? What made you want to go there?

I'm guessing the OP is talking about University of Illinois at Springfield. They are one of the earlier leaders in on-line graduate education. You can find more info at degreeinfo.com and geteducated.com