Options

8570 cndsp & cissp

lifecommlifecomm Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

Does anyone know if CISSP qualifies for 8570 CNDSP specialties? I understand it isn't enough for the manager specialty, but what about the other four? I have always thought that it did - as SSCP is a subset of CISSP - but now I'm not so sure. Does anyone have guidance from DISA?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    lifecomm,

No. The CNDSP Manager requires CISSP-ISSMP certification or the CISM. I do not think that you can mix and match your CPE's from ISC2 but you could do it for your CISM.

This may have been covered in other posts but let me go over it again. DISA uses 8570. The SSCP is more technical and thought to be by many CISSP lite. This is where you may be confused.

CNDSP Analyst: GCIA, CEH

CNDSP Infrastructure Support: SSCP, CEH

CNDSP Incident Reporter: GCIH, CSIH,CEH

CNDSP Auditor: CISA,GSNA,CEH

CNDSP Manager: CISSP-ISSMP, CISSP

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    bigdogz wrote: »
    lifecomm,

No. The CNDSP Manager requires CISSP-ISSMP certification or the CISM. I do not think that you can mix and match your CPE's from ISC2 but you could do it for your CISM.

This may have been covered in other posts but let me go over it again. DISA uses 8570. The SSCP is more technical and thought to be by many CISSP lite. This is where you may be confused.

CNDSP Analyst: GCIA, CEH

CNDSP Infrastructure Support: SSCP, CEH

CNDSP Incident Reporter: GCIH, CSIH,CEH

CNDSP Auditor: CISA,GSNA,CEH

CNDSP Manager: CISSP-ISSMP, CISSP

I hope this helps.

I think you mean...

CNDSP Manager: CISSP-ISSMP, CISM

https://www.isc2.org/dodmandate/default.aspx breaks down the 8570.1 requirements. For CNDSP roles less than manager, I think the CEH definitely gives you more bang for the buck.