June 10 Tacoma Test Results

ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
Hi folks!

Thought I'd introduce myself and start a thread for the June 10 test in Tacoma. There were 9 of us testing at the end of a boot camp the same week. It was intense.

I have worked for a community bank for 19 years, beginning as a computer assistant, and working my way into IT Manager, and now Information Security Officer. I have held a management position for 12 of those years. That served me well in answering the management-type questions that comprise a large portion of the exam. Since my signature doesn't give much of a clue, I'll volunteer that I am a female, and "of a certain vintage."

The June 10 Tacoma exam was paper-based. I see from another thread that the June 2 Seattle results are trickling in, so if that is any indication, maybe we'll be seeing results the week of July 9th . . .

If I get a passing grade, it will be easy for my endorser to verify employment - it's all in one place!

Thistleback
Feel the fear, and do it anyway!

Comments

• emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Good luck!! Us Washington peeps know how to kill this test!1!
  • certtaker34certtaker34 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm also in the Seattle metro area. Thanks for the introduction, btw. The CISSP forum seems a bit dead so it's nice to see this post was from today.

Is your endorser ISC2 or a person you know?

How were you able to match yourself up to the domains? Obviously you have years of work experience, but I'm curious how everyone that is trying to get CISSP already has 2 of the 10 domains (which all happen to be appended with the word 'security') when many are seemingly getting CISSP so they can get into security.
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    certtaker34:

I'm out on the Olympic Peninsula - I wave at you guys from "across the pond" . . .

I work for a community bank and wear many hats. In my present position I am in charge of 6 programs:
    Information Security
    Business Continuity
    Incident Response
    Change Management
    Vendor Management
    Project Management

I have 12 years experience in Information Security, Access Control, Network and Telecommunications Security, and 2 years in BC/DR and Legal, Regulatory, Compliance and Investigations. That adds up to 40 years across 5 domains . . . It is not hard to have experience in several domains when you are working in a small shop (150 employees, 8 locations). The CISSP really is a management-level certification, not an entry-level cert for those trying to break into the field. You have to think like a manager for a large percentage of questions on the test.

emerald_octane:
    Thanks for the acknowledge and encouragement! Since the June 2 test results are coming in, maybe the June 10 will be here in another week and a half or so. And we have a holiday to distract us!
    I have been a good girl about waiting for results - it has been 4 weeks since the test so I am now within the 4-6 week window. I'm starting to think about it a little more, and keeping a closer eye on the email . . .

Thistleback
  • DarthVaderDarthVader Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got lucky, just under 4 weeks. I had the June 2nd test in San Diego.
    good luck it should be soon!
    Got my results - passed! icon_cheers.gif Dinner and drinks tonight! Woo Hoo! drunken_smilie.gif

Thistleback
  • DarthVaderDarthVader Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!!! good job.

On to the endorsement waiting period
    Got my endorsement papers sent off this afternoon . . .
  • warhawk72warhawk72 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats PJ, I passed as well! the results took forever!!! lol but man I feel good about this!

RWT
    I know - I've been kind of useless all week, in anticipation. Ha!
  • Skipper JackSkipper Jack Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed!!! (Mark from Olympia) I too was a nervous wreck waiting for results.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations to you all! icon_cheers.gif
    Congrats Mark! That makes four of us so far. I hope we hear from the others!
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Congratulations to you all! icon_cheers.gif

Thanks JD - It's nice to be part of the "club." This is my first cert, and it means a lot, especially as I have no college degree - just tons of experience.
  • Skipper JackSkipper Jack Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know Lisa from Olympia also passed.