Boson CCENT Kit or Transcender?

Jason RJason R Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
About to finish my cisco press book for the CCENT and can only afford either the Boson kit or the transcender products. I hear that Boson had a great sim and study questions. Not sure which to go with. Any advice?

Comments

• otakuotaku Member Posts: 43 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Boson hands down that is what I am using.
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I just did my first Boson Sim practice test... I did a 100 question practice test (generic) online and got 95 out of 100 questions right.. (Didn't feel it tested my ccent information at all)
    I then did the Boson.. and failed! I was close, but I definitely feel the pain! It makes me much more confident that within 3 weeks.. I will have no problem passing (hopefully!) using the Boson. Test questions seem very relevant and what I would expect cisco questions to require in terms of applicable knowledge. I have a great understanding of what now to focus on in terms of weakness, and what are my strengths.
  • whirichardsonwhirichardson Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    anyone have experience with the Ciscos Pratice Test products?
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would go with Boson.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jason R wrote: »
    About to finish my cisco press book for the CCENT and can only afford either the Boson kit or the transcender products. I hear that Boson had a great sim and study questions. Not sure which to go with. Any advice?

First off, congrats on finishing the Cisco Press CCENT of all CCENT books to finish. I bet it was a monster. I can't imagine how bad that was to finish from start to finish.

I would go with Boson, hands down. I've heard so many times how it is harder then the actual CCNA exam which means and which literally translates to this:

As you are doing each question, you will feel sweat pouring down your brows and steam rising from top of your head as you analyse each question, first trying to decipher what is given and then what it is asking for then re-reading until the light bulb goes off signaling you officially understand the requirements of the questions and then can begin the arduous task of figuring out the answer, eliminating all the subtle ways you can be tricked into choosing a wrong answer! If you rinse and repeat, you will surely pass this exam. Don't forget to book the test right after you start to get high 900s on 3 samplings.

Again, you should get a certificate of achievement for completing that Odom Cisco press because it is as dry as the sahara desert but it is Boson, hands down!
  • Jason RJason R Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for your opinions and advice. I am going to order the CCENT Kit from Boson today. Thanks for everything.