Options

70-686 resources

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello

Just passed the 70-680 exam yesterday (still happy about that!) and now looking forward to start studying for the 70-686 exam to get the Enterprise Desktop Admin certification. Now I've searched the forums a bit and cannot seem to find a thread for good studying resources (books, practice tests/labs, etc). I see the sticky but I've heard they changed the format of the exam and now it might be outdated? Anyone know if they have any good resources that are relevant to this exam still?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    RomBUS wrote: »
    Hello

Just passed the 70-680 exam yesterday (still happy about that!) and now looking forward to start studying for the 70-686 exam to get the Enterprise Desktop Admin certification. Now I've searched the forums a bit and cannot seem to find a thread for good studying resources (books, practice tests/labs, etc). I see the sticky but I've heard they changed the format of the exam and now it might be outdated? Anyone know if they have any good resources that are relevant to this exam still?

Thanks

I haven't heard anything about MS changing this exam. Also, why not go for the 685 first? Taking the 685 will help prepare you for the 686. Good luck and congrats on the 680 pass!
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    ITSupermanITSuperman Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am also looking to take the 686. I haven't heard about any changes but like you I haven't seen too many resources for study material. Sorry I can't be of any more assistance, but if you do find any resources, please share.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So far all I am hearing is that the MS Pressbook for this exam seems to do the trick for studying. Now I am looking for tips in terms of practice exams for this
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'll be sitting this exam in about an hour. I'll let you know how well the CBT nuggets and sybex book helped out.
  • Options
    antielvisantielvis Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is a tough exam. Read the MS Press Book inside and out and do the labs. The CBT nuggets are great for 680 but they're no where near as good for this exam.

Good luck on passing. If you make this and 680, you can short track to the MCSE Desktop.