Options

Anyone have a CCNP-Wireless certification? Advice needed

Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
I would love to get a CCNP-Wireless certification, but due to a cash-strapped status it would be impossible for me to get the hands-on equipment for a home lab. For those of you who have studied for the cert tests for this, would a wireless sim of some kind do in a pinch for one's home lab studies, or should one just not bother pursuing that cert without the real stuff?

Comments

• Options
    fivestardayfivestarday Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have my CCNA Wireless, and work for a company specializing in Cisco Wireless systems in 1 million+ sq foot warehouses. My boss here has his CCNP Wireless. In my opinion and his, there is really no good simulation software that will give you enough experience to be able to pass the CCNP Wireless. I'm half the way to my CCNP Wireless, and most of it comes from real world experience, deploying Wireless mesh implementations, surveying the wireless deployment, wireless security, antenna theory, etc. You can buy all the hardware, lab, and probably achieve the certs. No simulation that I currently know about will do everything you need to pass these exams. IMHO
  • Options
    Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□

Okay, thanks for the info.

Abandoning the CCNP-Wireless track. Will look for another.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cat5
    Have you looked at the CWNA or CWNP certifications?

Certifications | CWNP
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****