Mock Labs

PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
What do you all think of doing several mock labs if one can afford it? I know it can get a bit pricy, but for me so far, they seem to have been the most beneficial form of training that i've had.. and I really got a lot out of it.

I am a bit torn though, on one hand I strongly feel if I keep taking mock labs, I can get so much more out of them, but on the other hand I worry if in the end it's really worth it. I've done many of my labs on my own equipment and graded it myself, but I'm always super afraid of being too nice .. and that's not what I need.

I suppose an alternate thing I could do is simple rack rentals with the mock lab topologies.. but even so.. At this point I'm finding that the mock labs are really, really fun and enjoyable.. I look forward to the challenges.

Anyway.. enough of my rambling.. thoughts?
CCIE - COMPLETED!

Comments

• NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    IMO it does benefit you to the point that you have experience of the CCIE lab. However, the CCIE's that I spoke to face to face didnt use mock lab. All of them failed "AT LEAST" once. Some of the best ones that I know failed 2x or 3x.

What would I do? Well, I will use my first attempt as my mock lab. $1500 mock lab and I'm okay with that. lol