Need an introduction for CCNA course

Santam1991Santam1991 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am a final year student of ECE branch persuing Btech...I have a sort of interest in Computer networking and I want to follow the CCNA course.
And i want to know about the CCNA course details ,fees and examination details of the course.
Pls Help.

Comments

• RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You mean an at a school? You'll need to search for school for that detail. local colleges around here teach CCNA. Gotta make a trip for the CCNP courses, however.

Cisco Networking Academy - Cisco Systems
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    For every detail of the exam, you can check Cisco's site here.

There are two ways of achieving the CCNA: Either completing two exams with each covering half of the material(ICND1 and ICND2) or completing one composite exam covering all of the material. It's the same cost regardless of which direction that you go, but the two exams may help you concentrate on one part at a time and retain the information easier. Completely personal preference, still, though.

As for the cost, though, it's a total of $250. The two exam path would be $125 per exam.

EDIT: I guess I read the question wrong. :p
  • EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    i just did ICND1 it costs $150, honestly doing the CCNA on you're own will be better in most cases.
    The options around me are:
    go to a community college and take 4 semester long classes as a part of their 2 year degree program for $2500
    go to the same community college and to the night classes that are not a part of their 2 year degree program for 3 months for almost $10k
    do it on my own for $300(2 test method) + home lab ($400)

Also i believe the 2 test method is the better course if you're brand new to cisco because you'll learn the topics better the one test method is intended for people who just want to revalidate their CCNA for another 3 years and are in the industry with no intention of going on to the CCNP.

The reason i'm doing the CCNA right now is to get out of the 4 classes at the college. i've always wanted to do it but never had the time, then i signed up to go back to school and saw they subdivided the CCNA that way and decided to do it on my own. The best part of it is my employer will pay for the test fees and is a CCNA Reseller Partner so if i need any of the really expensive stuff down the line i can get a little bit of a discount on it.
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.