CCNA Passed ! Don't give up if you failed once...

nplan.canplan.ca Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I failed the first time, like so many of us. This $300 was wasted and made Cisco and their test partners $300 richer. But I learned my lesson: Be ready, really ready, before the CCNA exam. So many topics are covered, you need to know everything and also practice every concept on packet tracer before.

So if you failed once, take a few weeks to re-acquire the information, do many many labs, create labs, troubleshoot labs, until you are comfortable, then take it, you will succeed!

Next up: CCNP switch.

Original thread:
http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/78680-failed-ccna.html#post646373

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great work! I'm taking the exam saturday - I found any early expire voucher for $75 so I figured it's worth it.

Any tips that don't violate NDA?
  • nplan.canplan.ca Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agreed to their NDA without reading it, so I am not sure how to respond...

Be ready to configure and troubleshoot switches and routers in a simulator such as packet tracer. Know your STP, VTP, NAT, ACLs, VLSM. Or better yet, practice on real routers and switches!

I think simulations is where you get (or lose) the most points in the exam. The other questions are simple multiple-choice.

Their software (including the simulator) is not obvious to use the first time (I know now, because that was my second attempt).

Other than that, I (and employers) value much more Cisco certs than CompTIA - you could pass a CompTIA cert fairly easily. Not Cisco, as I now very well know.
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    YFZblu wrote: »
    Great work! I'm taking the exam saturday - I found any early expire voucher for $75 so I figured it's worth it.

Any tips that don't violate NDA?

I was going to take the 14th, but jumped on that early exam voucher too.. you also are going into voice cool! lol Good luck man..

Congrats nplan!
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Good job!!! Keep on truckin'!!
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    Congrats
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz and way to stick with it!!!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD