Options

Equipment substitute?

markluvmarkluv Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm building my lab and I want to use GNS3 with real switches.

I currently have two switches and I wanted to know if these two switches could replace two of the switches the lab calls for without losing any functionality? Also which switch type could these two switches replace?

Lab requires -

Catalyst 3560-24TS-E
Catalyst 3550-24 EMI

I have the following switches -

WS-C3750-24PS-S
WS-3560X-48P-L

Also what IOS should i run on these two switches?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Those switches are more than enough. Check the lab IOS requirement for your track. I'll assume that the IOS needed would be 12.4 and EMI for your track.
  • Options
    markluvmarkluv Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm running into a problem with the WS-C3560X-48P-L as it has a Lan Base license on it running c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-53.SE2.bin. I'm not familiar with the licensing for this switch. I thought I could just download the IOS from cisco and upgrade it but this one is different. Since it only has a Lan base on it can I use it for anything in my lab? Any idea how much to upgrade to ipservices?
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i know of some resellers you may be able to trade the X series for 2 x 24TS-S
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You're going to have to call a reseller for a quote. If I remember correctly, on universal images you can actually try all the features set for X amount of days. Just don't know how to really turn that on.