Options

cisco 2503 good enough?

thisisalex02thisisalex02 Member Posts: 136
hey whats up all.. i want to purchase some cisco equipment cause i want to pursue furthur certs in cisco and i want hands on training. My question is are 2503 good (16dram/16flash)? Im currently studying for my ccna and would like to know if these routers are good to learn on for my ccna. A friend wants to sell me two of them plus the console cable so im wondering if i should get or not. i dont have any experience (yet) with cisco equipment and i know there not needed (routersim), but i just want to have actual hands on experience. Thanks
Switches are bridges on steroids!

Comments

• Options
    kypumperkypumper Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That is what I have, but I need another one to do OSPF labs, I heard on the ICND exam they have a OSPF simulation. To bad 2950 switches are still so expensive or I would get one of those also to do VLANS, and CDP labs. On my intro exam they asked about 5 questions concerning CDP. having the equipment is the best option, the Boson router sims stink if you ask me. They do not sim OSPF very well, and another thing with the sims when you pause a telnet session then hit the enter key it does not go back into the telnet sesion like a real console port would.
    I love the Search Function!
  • Options
    so do u recommend getting these routers? also what other routers should i need for my ccna study considering cost of course. i just dont know much bout cisco routers and which ones do what and which ones i should learn on for my ccna..thanks
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    a serial x-over and an isdn simulator and you'll really be set.....
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    darkuser wrote:
    a serial x-over and an isdn simulator and you'll really be set.....
    so if i get those two ciscos and the serial x-over and isdn simulator then i should have enough to learn on for my ccan and so forth... i wanna start studying already so any feedback will be appreciated.
  • Options
    kypumperkypumper Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    definately the 2 routers and the serial Xover I don't know about the ISDN sim it would be nice, but if your on a budget might be able to skip it.
    I love the Search Function!
  • Options
    yea im gonna get two 2503 and a enterprise 1924 switch, i think this should be good enough for my ccna studies and to get some hands on experience.