Options

CCNP Study Guide

surya_sapuisurya_sapui Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
I passed ccna exam near about 3 years ago but i want to study ccnp routing, but i am confusing about ccnp books.
when i studied ccna then i select Richard deal books for simple english & easy to understand but in ccnp i cant find this kind of book.Cisco press books though for understand for me.

so can anyone pls suggest me ccnp routing books for easy language and understanding.pls help.

also tell me can a man passed ccnp without a lab ????

Comments

• Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There is a ton of material mentioned on the head in to this form (suggested books, video content, etc). This topic is hugely discussed and is easily searchable as well. Also, you mentioned that you have had your CCNA for 3 years; hopefully it is not expired yet. CCNA is a prerequisite before you can take any CCNP tests. If yours is not expired it would be a great way to renew your CCNA as well as increase you certification credentials. If your CCNA has expired then you will need to take CCNA again before going into the NP material.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    CCNA is a prerequisite before you can take any CCNP tests.

Not exactly. The CCNA is a prerequisite for the CCNP certification, but you can take the exams anyway you want them. If you do ROUTE -> SWITCH -> TSHOOT -> CCNA then you still get the same certifications in the end.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    surya_sapuisurya_sapui Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    my ccna certification not expired till now,but at least anyone suggest me a easy English ccnp book.
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    my ccna certification not expired till now,but at least anyone suggest me a easy English ccnp book.

I don't know about easy. The material covered by the CCNP:Route test is only as easy as your skills, knowledge, and aptitude can make it.

I'm reading and going through the companion CD of the of the book in this link:

ITCERTGUIDES

I'd recommend downloading the free PDF of CCNP ROUTE Complete Guide 1st Edition and the "sample" companion CD to see if you like them. The companion CD has a complete set of GNS3 labs that cover most of the ROUTE topics. The sample CD only cover the first 150 pages or so, but that should be more than enough to see if it is to your liking.
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    i think he means "easy" as in easy enough to understand for English as second language speakers.

Aren't there any CCNP books or website/communities that discuss the CCNP in your native language? I'd be surprised if there wasn't since Cisco is so big! =D

Try to find material in your own language first =) you might be surprised!

Good luck!
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    aliasexecaliasexec Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not exactly. The CCNA is a prerequisite for the CCNP certification, but you can take the exams anyway you want them. If you do ROUTE -> SWITCH -> TSHOOT -> CCNA then you still get the same certifications in the end.

Hey, didn't know that.
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□