Options

Kaplan Self-Test Software

Has anybody ever used Kaplan Self-Test Software to prepare for a certification exam? I tried one of their demos (only 5 questions) for CISSP and was actually really impressed with the thorough explanations of the answers (and even references to where the material could be found in the Shon Harris All-in-One Guide).

For $69.00, 30 days access to 853 practice test questions and 977 flash cards.

Any experiences or thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I used it for the 70-640 and 642 tests. It was most certainly worth the money, they were the closest in style and complexity to the actual test questions. Also like you said, the thorough explanations for why the particular answer is correct is invaluable. I can't speak for any of the other tests, but if those were any indication, I would imagine they're pretty solid across the board.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Thanks. I think I'm going to give it a shot. As far as I can tell, looks like a good package.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I used it for all of my MCSE Security and a few other certifications. Good stuff.
  • Options
    samiramsis03samiramsis03 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i want to prepare for 70-640 and 70-642 do you think the questions are same as in the real exams ?
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The questions will be similar and based on the exam objectives, but not the same for obvious reasons. They are one of the best testing engines I've used.
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have found the questions for the 70-646 to be very helpful in learning. They gave a good representation of what type of questions to expect on the real test and gave you good answers as well.
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So I downloaded this as well but will have to wait til I get home to try it. Let me know what you think...honestly I think I'll pay the extra $30 to be able to download it and keep it for life. Thoughts?
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    btw Pass the Exam or Your Money Back—Guaranteed! Seems like it applies to the CISSP as well....hhmmmm
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+
  • Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    Anyone used them for CCNA or is Boson still the most recommended for this?
  • Options
    AnthonyFAnthonyF Member Posts: 109
    I used Boson for my CCNA recert. It just did not work for me. I passed the exam but will save my money next time.