Options

anti-spam solutions

echo3echo3 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone recommend any anti-spam solutions for businesses?

Comments

• Options
    NightShade1NightShade1 Member Posts: 433 ■■■□□□□□□□
    echo3 wrote: »

We sell Fortimail for antispam solution.. which works fine but its kind of hard to tune for the client....
    We got it for a couple law firms which depends a lot of a good and tuned antispam solution...
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    When I was at an MSP we sold our customers on McAfee's SaaS Email Protection. Cloud based and it actually worked really well (especially with Outlook). Only issue is on the rare occasion they had connections issues the customers would not receive email. It would spool and once the issue was resolved on McAfee's side it would be sent out. But like I said, very rare when that happened.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    We use 2x Sonicwall ES300 as Remote Analyzers and 1x ES400 as a Control Center for around 350 mailboxes. This allows the RA (which do the actual spam filtering) to have load balancing and failover while the CC controls the configuration and stores the spam in the user junk boxes. Even though its three physical units you only have to pay for one annual license/support contract. You can also just do a single unit config which worked fine for us, we just moved to the split config for failover purposes.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    fluk3dfluk3d Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□
    echo3 wrote: »

Are you looking for a hosted solution, or on premise solution?
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cisco IronPort MSA.
  • Options
    rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    fluk3d wrote: »
    Are you looking for a hosted solution, or on premise solution?

This question really needs to be answered. We use Postini (hosted solution) for all our clients. It works well but I do not know what your requirements are.
  • Options
    echo3echo3 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We’re looking at both hosted and onsite. It always dependson the cost. Thanks for some of these suggestions.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I see why your screen name is echo...

MX Logic (McAfee SaaS Email Protection) is the way to go. I've definitely experienced more Postini problems than MX Logic problems. Considering I've only dealt with four Postini accounts and have dealt with close to 40 MX Logic accounts, I think my experience is a bit more than anecdotal. MX Logic support is also better.

Spam protection is one of the few things I'll almost never recommend going with just an onsite solution. The advantages to using a SaaS option (even if it's Postini, which, despite above, is not a bad product) are huge and the costs to implement, support, and pay for the service are minimal.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
    We use the Cisco Ironport 170s, 2 in a cluster. They work great (most solutions do), the reason we went with an on prem solution is the organization needs granular and on demand reporting - something Postini is not great at. If that isn't a requirement, by all means use Postini or Microsoft. Remember to relay through them too so you get the good outbound spam protection.

We paid $12,759.50 for the two boxes, centralized email reporting, and three year platinum support, and the key to cluster them. Without all that stuff they would have been much less.
  • Options
    claytonw1980claytonw1980 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Use RedCondor from a reseller - hosted, secure, anti-virus attachment scanning as well. 4 mx records and if the cloud can't communicate with your servers it will spool for 96 hours. Support has been 5/5 - call up, talk to a human - a nice touch. Reporting, automated reports, per user or global blacklists, all in all - it's been a 5/5 stars. Always recommend them.