Passed 701!

bmy78bmy78 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Today I took my first IT exam and passed!

I used the Meyers book, Exam Cram, Prof. Messer's videos. And of course, the wealth of info on this site that you all provide!

Now on to 702! Any strategies? I've been thinking about putting together my own build to gear up for 702, though that could be expensive. Necessary? Thoughts? I do have an old dell in the basement, though most of the components are fairly outdated and proprietary.
2012 Goals: A+, Network+ by the end of the summer; one other certification before the New Year (haven't decided on MS or Cisco, or something else)

Comments

• 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats on the pass! Keep up the good work! icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would not build a computer solely for the purpose of preparing for the A+, just doesn't seem cost-effective to me. It isn't necessary. Just keep reading and testing. Now if you have the money to spend and you need a tower, then it's your call. I would definitely take apart your older computer just to get your hands dirty but a new computer just for the heck of it... IDK about that one.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Congrats on the pass!
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz! ;0
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • bmy78bmy78 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, I suppose building a new PC in preparation for 702 would be overkill. I'll stick with the cheap Dell that's in the basement.

Thanks everyone for the support.
    2012 Goals: A+, Network+ by the end of the summer; one other certification before the New Year (haven't decided on MS or Cisco, or something else)
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • JerBurkeSBJerBurkeSB Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Totally agree with Gradav478.. dont waste your time building, spend that time studing.. CONGRATS and Good Luck!
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Good stuff!
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2