Options

CCIE Study partner

markluvmarkluv Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I live in Tampa, Fl and i'm currently preparing for my CCIE written and lab. I'm looking for someone who is on the same journey and is interested in a study partner. Good luck to everyone who is currently on this same journey.

Comments

• Options
    vertexvertex Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Need any equipment? I just finished my track and live in Tampa

I have 3 2811s 3 1841s 2 3550 2 3560

Backbone serial switch. Everything you need for 360/ine.

Pm if interested.
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Tampa in the house!! Is the topology only 6 routers?
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    +1 for Tampa!

(Granted I live north of Tampa but work down there!)
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163
    +1 for Tampa, but I am moving to Atlanta soon!
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Reppin' for Tampa!
  • Options
    Tampa in the house!! Is the topology only 6 routers?

Given the 3x 2811's I'm going to guess he went the CCIE Voice route. Just a guess though.
  • Options
    Sorry to derail the topic (and I do hope you find a study partner), but I want to send the troops under me to training locally. Is New Horizons and Global Knowledge the only options in town?
  • Options
    Sorry to derail the topic (and I do hope you find a study partner), but I want to send the troops under me to training locally. Is New Horizons and Global Knowledge the only options in town?

To each his own..but I have had less than impressive experiences with New Horizons. Several classes I've sent my guys to have not been worth the money. I have had good experiences with Global Knolwedge though. We've gotten creative lately- incorporating some online ("live" online) training and such.
  • Options
    Well, since it's a government request and they're a little picky, it has to be a class-room environment.

I've never taken a class through New Horizons, so I have no experience with them. I did notice they offer a lot of classes both in-person and online.

I have one knucklehead who wants to get out next year and become a contractor. He has 0 certs except for ITIL Foundations, so I told him to to start thinking and looking at four classes/certs he'd be interested in.

The other one has had some issues and might be getting out in two years, so I told him to start looking at it too.

Personally, I'm going to see about travelling to a CCIE troubleshooting lab once I go down that road and possibly JNCIA or the next level, since I have no access to Juniper.
  • Options
    Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163
    CC Prep.com

This is located by the Tampa Airport. I have not attended, so cannot comment on quality.
  • Options
    Cool, I'll add them to the list. Their web site could look a bit professional but the more options the better.
  • Options
    About to put one of my engineers through a CC prep class this month. Will report on his overall impression.
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Definitely let us know!

I might be looking for a class soon. icon_smile.gif
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS