3 month course for preparing CCNA exam?

2»

Comments

• zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    If you love networking you will be stuck to your Cisco books like a NY Times #1 Bestseller, doesn't matter if you love reading or hate reading. If networking is in your blood you won't be able to get enough and will take it anyway you can get it. Look at different authors, they all have different styles, so find one you like. You might want to also look at the CCNA Exloration series, because those are very, very thorough with no fluff. If you say you can read a manual, then you can read one of those. Also, an e-book helps A LOT. I used to hate reading, wife got me a Kindle for Christmas last year and now I love reading.
  • riahc3riahc3 Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    zrockstar wrote: »
    If you love networking you will be stuck to your Cisco books like a NY Times #1 Bestseller, doesn't matter if you love reading or hate reading. If networking is in your blood you won't be able to get enough and will take it anyway you can get it. Look at different authors, they all have different styles, so find one you like. You might want to also look at the CCNA Exloration series, because those are very, very thorough with no fluff. If you say you can read a manual, then you can read one of those. Also, an e-book helps A LOT. I used to hate reading, wife got me a Kindle for Christmas last year and now I love reading.
    I LOVE "fluff" very very much. A joke or something between the lines is very nice and makes reading something a lot less serious.
  • cooktmcooktm Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the Cisco networking acadamy a couple years ago and it wasnt much better than a couple books and some hands on.
  • IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    riahc3 wrote: »
    Hey

I'm not a fan of reading books on my own time.

Thanks!

If you don't get burned out finding the right resources then I would say you will like the 233 page CCNA Exam Review by Sybex but even that might be too many pages!!

My absolute best recommendation if you hate reading is enrolling and taking a course!! This is always next best thing to spoon feeding because it involves a good mix of watching, listening, doing labs so you get simulator experience and when you read, you read to complete "their curriculum" and labs as a group so it adds tons of accountability in reading with the well known fact that reading is obligatory for labs and also because reading helps the most when there is a lot of material to cover and also is the best out of watching and listening for long-term memory !

Dummies books are fun reading too as you will be able to mitigate the challenge faced when you need tons of information "presented" in a very "easy user interface"!! When you combine the power of reading and a easy and fun to learn verbage, its a win win!