Options

Windows Information Rights Management

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
Does anyone have any good resources on implementing Windows Server based IRM in an enterprise?

Google has not been any help with quality resources. I would also take suggested print reading as well, if anyone has a book or two.

Comments

• Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    I'm thinking this would be one of those things you'd most likely learn better through the Microsoft TechNet and MSDN with some test setups. There's a lot of murky stuff on the back-end of Enterprise IT that you just don't pick up until you actually have to use it and the books don't really cover that stuff much.
  • Options
    I searched TechNet via Google as well as their local search. This is always the first thing that I do. The problem is I am not finding resources that help me understand it at a high-level as an Enterprise Server component. I can find information for Office 2010 and SharePoint Server (as far as how to turn it on) but I am not finding the broader architectural level information I need to get my mind around it and be able to explain it to senior management. I am pretty sure that I read a chapter or two on the topic in Windows Server 2008 Unleashed when I was studying for the MCITP: EA exam but that was nearly 5 years ago and I no longer own the book.

If anyone has any links to architectural level information for managing Enterprise Information Rights (not just how to enable it in Office) I would really be thankful.
  • Options
    Apparently I was Googling the wrong terms. AD RMS is what I was missing. I was googling IRM.