Options

Wait for a voucher or no?

DaniactualDaniactual Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'd like to ask you something about vouchers.

I have been studying for the CCNA with CBTs and I studied the Todd Lammle's book, too. I am now reviewing and doing some tests willing to take the first exam at the end of July.

I'd love to get one of those 50% vouchers that sometimes people buy on this forum, mainly from GetCertify4less.

My question is I don't know how often those 50% vouchers are available. Does it make sense to wait for the next big offer?

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Since any discount voucher or promotion is a wildcard as far as when they will be offered, I would suggest finding an early expiry voucher online and taking the test while the knowledge is still fresh. Ask yourself how many hours you'll have to spend studying to keep the information fresh in your mind while waiting around for potentially weeks or months for some promotion to come along. Is spending all that time worth saving $75?
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Like Iristheangel said, is it really worth waiting to save $75? Since the test is only $150 at the moment it's relatively cheap. Compared to other exams, that is.

You could try searching on google for ICND1/2 vouchers. Though, they don't usually last for very long.

Though, if it's an absolute must to get a voucher, then they come out in spurts. There's no real method on when they release them.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Thanks, basically that is what I wanted to know. To be honest, I chose a date for the exam and that's not going to change. However I'm just waiting to see if I can save some bucks before scheduling the exam on PV.
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    I passed ICND1 exam in the middle of June using a $75 voucher. About a week ago those vouchers were on sale again.
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm subscribed to G4L mailing list and on average CCNA vouchers come in 3-4 times a year. Whether that's worth waiting is up to you to decide.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    By the way, there is an ICND voucher here for $135. Expires on 8/22.Discounted VUE Cisco ICND Exam Voucher! Expires: 8/22/2012
  • Options
    OK, I see, if they only offer those amazing vouchers 3-4 times per year, It's right, it doesn't make any sense to wait.

The 135 dollars is a good option but it's only available in the States, I'd need it to be available in Europe/worldwide.

Thank you for posting that offer!