Options

70-680

bruty2fruitybruty2fruity Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Just took this test - not exactly what I had imagined.

Had two questions which I wasn't able to answer on the exam, simply because the exam check buttons all had the exact result displayed - a broken xml link as the drop down answers all had a link to an xml doccument that obviously wasn't where it was.

Also noticed, that allot of my questions had options for single choice answers going upto the letter "I" i.e I had to chose one answer from a possible 9.

Allot of questions regarding certificates and servers and editing of intranet settings.

I've also noticed that there are allot of open ended questions, that contain no detail, yet expect a definitive answer, i.e.

a company has windows vista and windows 7 workstations.

you have been given a new computer, computer 1.it runs windows 7.

What option would you select to allow ONLY windows vista/windows 7 machines to connect to this computer.

There were various options, but none of them allowed only specific connections regarding a host computers OS.

I'm just wondering, is this par for the course with this exam? or have I had a pure stroke of luck getting insanely worded/answer listed exam questions??

Any feedback would be great.

Comments

• Options
    kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So I'm guessing you failed? Or you just didn't like it?
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • Options
    Yeah i failed, I still didn't like the exam because I didn't feel confident it was working correctly. Having two questions whcih ask you to select answers that arent there kind of proves my theory.
    Not just that.. maybe 15 questions came up tht I was familiar with through study... the rest were completely out of the blue and required a little educated quess work. this isn't something that bothers me too much as i now know what I have to study for and what to expect. It just kind of grates that the goal posts get chopped n changed.
  • Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    One question, do you have any Wintel Work Ex? or studied for any of the W2K8 R2 Server Exams before this? I have a theory that people who give the 70-680 a shot thinking its easier before the 70-640 or 70-642 or 70-643 find it a tough nut to crack. The reason for that is in every MS exam I have had questions from the next exam which were some vague way related
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Options
    thats all I can do. However, some of what I saw today was absolutely crazy, not expecting that sort of subject to crop up. Still now I have something to beat and something to study for.
  • Options
    kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yeah i failed, I still didn't like the exam because I didn't feel confident it was working correctly. Having two questions whcih ask you to select answers that arent there kind of proves my theory.
    Not just that.. maybe 15 questions came up tht I was familiar with through study... the rest were completely out of the blue and required a little educated quess work. this isn't something that bothers me too much as i now know what I have to study for and what to expect. It just kind of grates that the goal posts get chopped n changed.
    Well don't give up dude. I failed it twice before I passed with a 1000/1000 perfect score.
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • Options
    Hell, I'm not giving up. Im currently compiling more notes. I got beat, maybe not fair n square. but I got beat. Just gotta hit the books n set up a lab of sorts... learning through example and through study. I'm going to attempt this again in a month. One exam at a time though.
  • Options
    franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    did you pass ? did you get ? about deployement or imaging ? this test is pretty hard i took this test 6 months ago and fail and i am now opening the book to retake hope alot change
  • Options
    I got a poor 480 on the test.

According to the print out, my installing/upgrading and migrating windows are 75%
    Deploying windows 80%
    monitoring and maintaining windows 70%
    configuring network conectivity 60%
    access to resources 40%
    configuring backup 40%
    hardware applications 15%
    mobile computing 0%

There were however some crazily diffcult questions which if i'm being honest seem a bit beyond the reaches of what this exams about. Certificate installs, command line instructions - full command line, not basic things like save state/loadstate, things that contained various functions, like five or six. Certificate permissions. All sorts of crazy stuff. In fact looking back all my mobile computer questions revolved around certificate permissions and installs and even one time I was asked to select the company certificate to verify with the server before allowing internet access through the vpn, there was no name of the company and 8 certificates to chose from. Probably the most important information to carry out such a task. It just seems that this exam is riddled with trick questions and surprise material.
    Another question - you export a users documents from one computer to another, what will be the first thing you would do to make sure the excel files open on her computer, now you would assume that if this is a clone PC that office would have already been installed, the user settings and files being the last thing you do, needless to say I chose install office - which is the right answer. but it just gets to me that MS try and swindle wrong answers out of people by constantly changing the standard in how certain tasks are undertaken and acheived. i was always taught to grab the user files last, especially if the user was still at the machine. that way the files are always most up to date and the user isnt experiencing to much delay.
    Reading about, it's not the first time this has happened, one time users got 85 questions and allot of these were regarding sql 2008. As I had two questions which couldn't provide me with any way of inputting an answer, I have to question the validity of the test, if thats wrong I wonder what else is - people can say i'm blaming everything but myself - im not, but how can I be taking an exam under those conditions? it wouldnt happen in any other exam. Someone taking a doctorate wouldnt be exposed to an exam covering materiel out of their field or not allowing them to answer because the software wasn't set up correctly. why should I? that along with the 20 odd questions concerning office deployment on the 70-681 exam, it makes me wonder if the prometric exam software has been setup correctly at all.
    Ive never heard of getting between 6/9 multiple choice options to chose from. no one has still confirmed weather thats a normal part of this test yet. Still think thats a bit harsh too.

Still I've lodged my complaint, I dont know where (if anywhere) it'll get me.
  • Options
    glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was thinking about taking this exam after I get my Security+
    I remember taking the MCP exam back in 2007 when I had absolutely no experience in IT and failing miserablyicon_sad.gif
    A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You should have mentioned the xml errors to the proctor, few people I know had the same problem and prometric gave them a free retake. Error was supposed to be corrected but I guess not.
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    I did mention it to the exam board and also microsoft. Pending an investigation I got n email saying that there was an issue with the exam and that I can take an exam again free of charge.
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Well good luck on your next try :D
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great!! So brush up on those weak areas and bring home the win.
    God deserves my best