Options

Google messing me up on wires, need answer

JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've been making my own cables for a little but I've been making straight through only.

I recently started making cables for my switches and I know a rollover cable needs to be used. When I look for diagrams for the cable I see two different types of rollover cables.

Anyone have a pic of the color scheme or a link to the one I need to be using?

Comments

• Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429

Are you trying to make a console cable or a cable to connect two switches together via "Ethernet"?
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    JasionoJasiono Member Posts: 896 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Two switches via Ethernet.
  • Options
    spd3432spd3432 Member Posts: 224
    This is what I use for my cat5 crossover cables.
    ----CCNP goal----
    Route [ ] Studying
    Switch [ ] Next
    Tshoot [ ] Eventually
  • Options
    radixradix Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jasiono wrote: »
    Two switches via Ethernet.

you need to make cross over cables
    If you ain't pissed off for greatness that means you're okay with being mediocre
    I keep getting the two names mixed up, sorry.
  • Options
    georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Jasiono wrote: »
    I keep getting the two names mixed up, sorry.

The link that Spd3432 posted should work for you then. You definitely need to the get the difference between a crossover cable and a rollover cable settled into your mind, It will come up time and time again.
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I make my crossover cables, I use the 568A standard on one end and the 568B standard on the other end and bam, there's a crossover cable. See the link below for pinouts:

EIA/TIA 568A & 568B Standard
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Options
    MickQMickQ Member Posts: 628 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Think of what codeblox said. It's crossing the two termination standards. For straight through, keep it straight on just one standard.