Options

What next after A+ and N+

DoireDoire Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Having gained both i want to obtain another netork cert.

Should i go for Windows 2003 Server or try for the CISCO cert (all 7 exams)?

Thanks for the help guys

Comments

• Options
    filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MCDST
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    MCSA is your best option.
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ccna ?
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    i want to obtain another netork cert
    If it's strictly network emphasis, you can do MCSA and get a good feel for the client and server roles that computers play, and keeping users using the network(this is primarily what networking is about). You can start with CCNA and learn about getting data to flow between different network devices, and learn about the router in particular. Or, you may want to consider the CWNA and its big brothers and do wireless networking.

You could get the iNet+ as a supplement to the Network+ certification, if you're interested in working with the Internet.

Good luck on your decision!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I got my Server+ and Security+ along with the A+ and N+.

If you are a Microsoft IT guy/gal with an A+ and N+, then I'd suggest going for both the Security+ and MCSA. All three of these CompTIA certs are recognized for credit by Microsoft. From what I see these days, it really hot to have that ": Security" after your MCSA/MCSE moniker.
  • Options
    ad5mbad5mb Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Server+

then Security+

then check this site:

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/web_server_survey.html

and look at the second chart.

That blue line is Apache, probably running on Linux. If it's above the red line, which is Mcrosoft---

you might want to learn a little Linux.

I'm going for CWNA after Security+. Eventually every barber shop, oil change shop, laundromat and any other place where people twiddle their thumbs will be wired for wireless.
  • Options
    antoine808antoine808 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I WONDERED THE SAME THING. THIS COMING FALL I AM SCHEDULE TO TAKE A CLASS IN NETWORKING. I AM EXCITED AND YET FEARFUL THAT THE TROUBLE THAT I HAVE HAD TAKEING OTHER CERTIFICATIONS WILL PLAGUE ME HEAR TOO.
    Singing- *Rain drops keep falling on my head*