Options

Got selected for audit

ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
Left for 10 days to Costa Rica while waiting for endorsement response came home to check emails and got the email from ISC2 that I was randomly selected for audit. Guess I will be waiting a little longer for the certification process.

Comments

• Options
    JcastJcast Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry, that stinks!!!
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry about that. Well, at least the hardest part (passing the exam) is over. Keep us updated so we can properly celebrate your pass!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    Will do. Just hope it goes smoothly from here. Trying to use the pass as leverage for a raise!
  • Options
    What date did you submit your endorsement paperwork?
  • Options
    Jcast wrote: »
    What date did you submit your endorsement paperwork?

Submitted 6/14/2012, recieved audit email on July 6th but I was on Vacation in Costa Rica and did not read it until Saturday when I got back. Step 2 asks for

2. A current resume or curriculum vitae - Please include the following information:
    Company name and address for each employer.
    Contact name/supervisor and phone number for each position held. If the position was located outside of the United States, please include an email address.
    Position held - title with dates (including month and year).
    Detailed description of your duties, as they pertain to the CISSP CBK.

I had already submitted my current resume but, the last thing on this step asks for detailed description of duties for the CISSP CBK's, are they wanting me to list everything individually and put what CBK it pertains to? Guess I will be calling for clarification this am. I just want to get it done right the first time.
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ejg398 wrote: »
    Detailed description of your duties, as they pertain to the CISSP CBK.

I had already submitted my current resume but, the last thing on this step asks for detailed description of duties for the CISSP CBK's, are they wanting me to list everything individually and put what CBK it pertains to?.
    Are you sure you are actually being audited?

That sounds like the same thing that happened to me. I forgot to specify the CBK specifics with the experience. Once I provided it, I got the official notice of certification, the next day.
  • Options
    paul78 wrote: »
    Are you sure you are actually being audited?

That sounds like the same thing that happened to me. I forgot to specify the CBK specifics with the experience. Once I provided it, I got the official notice of certification, the next day.

This is what the email says..

(ISC)2 randomly audits and verifies a certain number of certification applications. The purpose of this letter is to inform you that your certification application has been selected for audit and verification.

Paul if you could could you share what you did. you can email me at juangil75@yahoo.com I would definately hate to have to retype up my resume.

thanks
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ten percent are audited any given time - to include renewing members. Its just luck of the draw.

- beads
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sounds like a real audit since you got a slightly different email - the one that I got said:

"We recently received and reviewed your endorsement documents. We are unable to finish processing you endorsement because you did not include a resume or CV that include sufficient details ....."

The rest of the email had the stuff about the resume that you mentioned.

I didn't really do anthing special. I just called the person that sent the email. The email I received had a real name and a contact phone number.

The resume that ISC2 wants really isnt a resume per se. Its really just the actual work experience and contact info. Mine was literally just company name, contact name, contact email, contact phone, and CBK domain. Just 5 bullets per job. And I only list recent jobs to satisfy the min 5 years requirements. I use the same format for folks that I endorse and have had no problems.

I figured I would post here in public in case it helps anyone else.

You should be fine.
  • Options
    paul78 wrote: »
    Sounds like a real audit since you got a slightly different email - the one that I got said:

"We recently received and reviewed your endorsement documents. We are unable to finish processing you endorsement because you did not include a resume or CV that include sufficient details ....."

The rest of the email had the stuff about the resume that you mentioned.

I didn't really do anthing special. I just called the person that sent the email. The email I received had a real name and a contact phone number.

The resume that ISC2 wants really isnt a resume per se. Its really just the actual work experience and contact info. Mine was literally just company name, contact name, contact email, contact phone, and CBK domain. Just 5 bullets per job. And I only list recent jobs to satisfy the min 5 years requirements. I use the same format for folks that I endorse and have had no problems.

I figured I would post here in public in case it helps anyone else.

You should be fine.

Ok Thanks.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    The check your endorser performs on your information is the initial step of the audit all CISSP candidates go through. If your endorsement information passes vetting, only processing is required. If there is something missing or questionable about your endorsement info, further investigation is needed to obtain/correct the needed information. And yes, you could have everything 100% perfect and still get randomly-selected for a process quality assurance audit. (Think of it as an audit of your endorser.) It's the price of doing business with an organization that it attempting to maintain high standards and integrity.
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote: »
    The check your endorser performs on your information is the initial step of the audit all CISSP candidates go through. If your endorsement information passes vetting, only processing is required. If there is something missing or questionable about your endorsement info, further investigation is needed to obtain/correct the needed information. And yes, you could have everything 100% perfect and still get randomly-selected for a process quality assurance audit. (Think of it as an audit of your endorser.) It's the price of doing business with an organization that it attempting to maintain high standards and integrity.

Yea I am not sweating it. I bulletized (broke down job functions listed by CBK Domains) my resume yesterday morning when I got in the office only for the 5 year requirement which was my current job which I have been here since Dec. 2011 and my last job in itself. I have not been one to job hop. All the jobs I have had I have been there for 5 years plus. I Filled out the consent form scanned it and emailed both in. My current boss who is also my endorser got a call yesterday noon time from ISC2, he said the call went well so guess its just a waiting game again.
  • Options
    ejg398 wrote: »
    Yea I am not sweating it. I bulletized (broke down job functions listed by CBK Domains) my resume yesterday morning when I got in the office only for the 5 year requirement which was my current job which I have been here since Dec. 2011 and my last job in itself. I have not been one to job hop. All the jobs I have had I have been there for 5 years plus. I Filled out the consent form scanned it and emailed both in. My current boss who is also my endorser got a call yesterday noon time from ISC2, he said the call went well so guess its just a waiting game again.
    Good for you! I hope you hear back soon.
  • Options
    NS21NS21 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea I got selected too... :-/I sent in all the paperwork on 6/27 to "programs@isc2.org" like it asked me to and never heard back... I kept emailing every couple days for status but no answer... I had to contact customer service through the isc2 website and they told me they never received anything from me... >icon_sad.gif The CS rep took my documents and forwarded them on and I just received confirmation that the auditing department has them.... now another 2 week wait!
  • Options
    NS21 wrote: »
    Yea I got selected too... :-/I sent in all the paperwork on 6/27 to "programs@isc2.org" like it asked me to and never heard back... I kept emailing every couple days for status but no answer... I had to contact customer service through the isc2 website and they told me they never received anything from me... >icon_sad.gif The CS rep took my documents and forwarded them on and I just received confirmation that the auditing department has them.... now another 2 week wait!

I got an email response within a few hours of emailing my paperwork in on 6/14/12. Got audit email 7/6/12, and I resubmitted 7/16/12 after getting back from vacation, hoping that it does not take the 15 days as noted in email.
  • Options
    lifecommlifecomm Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got audited, too. If your cv checks out, it'll only delay things by maybe a week or so.
  • Options
    So i decided to start hitting the gym at lunch again since I am not swamped with studying for the CISSP anymore. I figured today was Monday good day to start up the meal plans and workout routines. Came back to my desk from chest and tris workout ,and there it was CONGRATULATIONS! Man I thought that email was never gonna get here. So I to am now Officially CISSP.
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on being official! I started running after I got my CISSP because yeah, I found I had a lot of time after that. Hopefully once I roll into my next cert, I'll keep the cardio up. Or maybe the cert I pursue next will have mp3 training and I can listen while I run. :)
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!