Options

ICND1 Test tomorrow!

omiedomied Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

A little background on me, I have my Net+ and Sec+ knocked out, and I took the composite CCNA exam 3 months ago and failed (badly I might add, 643/1000). Got a promotion at work that gave me a little bit more money and a lot more responsibility, so I thought scaling back to the two test method would be wise.

So, the big day will finally be here tomorrow, 12:15 EST.

My Mats:
CBT Nuggets
Lammle's books (The giant 6th ed CCNA as well as the CCNA review guide)

I feel REALLY comfortable with subnetting, I can solve most of the questions on subnettingquestions.com in under 20 seconds.
Feel comfortable with the OSI model, configuring interfaces, and RIP.

Still think my WAN needs work. I mean I know HDLC and PPP, I know how to implement them and where to check to make sure that they match; I'm not sure if I need to go anymore in depth for ICND1 purposes.

Show commands I feel warm on.

sh ip route
sh ip int brief
sh int xxx
sh ver
sh cdp neighbors
sh cdp entry
no cdp enable (for an interface)
no cdp run (For the router)

Is there anything else I should lock in before the big day tomorrow? I'm a super anxious test taker and I feel like im in the exam room even though it's the day before!

Thanks guys! I'm a big fan of TE, the support here is amazing.

Comments

• Options
    elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    Port numbers and their protocols. I'd say you're pretty likely of having a few questions regarding them. I'd know the ports and protocol they go to and also whether they're tcp, udp, or both. :)
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    goodluck on your test!! i hope to take my net+ and ccent in the next 3 months
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Relax.

If you don't know it by now, you won't know it by tomorrow :)

Just focus on getting a good night sleep, eat right. Rest.

At the examation, right down some port numbers you know, as well as the bits for subnetting. Read the questions. Re-read the questions to make sure you know what they are asking you to do or know. Keep calm about it.

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes :)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck tomorrow.

Focus on

*Show commands
    * On diagrams, make sure you double check the IP addresses in each subnet (are they correct?)
    *Know the difference between PPP and HDLC
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Good luck and let us know how you do!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    omiedomied Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed! 837/1000. I woke up this morning and realized I didn't know my ass from my elbow when it came to configuring the SDM, so I panicked and studied up on it this morning; naturally, no SDM questions on the exam. I did have a couple of tricky questions, but what I found interesting was when I took the composite exam, it was the sims that sunk me. This time around I was prepared and crushed the sims, but got some tricky multiple choice questions.

Score was not as high as I hoped, but a pass is a pass as they say.

Scheduled ICND2 for the end of August!
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck on ICND2.
  • Options
    pipemajorpipemajor Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    'grats on the pass! I'm one of the very few who has had to recertify @ CCENT and just took my exam last week. Although I passed (887), I was extremely disappointed in my score - I had a 902 three years ago.

Almost let the CCENT lapse as I don't currently work in a network environment but already I am plunging ahead to tackle the ICND2. I failed the old ICND exam twice after passing the INTRO exam back in '06.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratz on the pass! It's a good feeling to pass a Cisco exam :)
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. Didn't need to worry, did you? :)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    clarknovaclarknova Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass, the hard work has paid off! My ICND1 is booked, I'm going through everything a second time now to make sure I have a good chance off passing it first time so that I can put another certificate on my wall at work.
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    omied wrote: »
    Passed! 837/1000. I woke up this morning and realized I didn't know my ass from my elbow when it came to configuring the SDM, so I panicked and studied up on it this morning; naturally, no SDM questions on the exam. I did have a couple of tricky questions, but what I found interesting was when I took the composite exam, it was the sims that sunk me. This time around I was prepared and crushed the sims, but got some tricky multiple choice questions.

Score was not as high as I hoped, but a pass is a pass as they say.

Scheduled ICND2 for the end of August!

Congrats on the pass and good luck on ICND2. I pretty much have the same material you do. I'm using CBT nuggets, the Lammle Book and Packet Tracer. Which method did you use for subnetting?