Options

Old textbooks / cert books

AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
What do you guys do with your old college textbooks and/or cert study materials? I have a bunch I need to get rid of but I'm pretty sure most of the info is outdated now. You think a local library would take this sort of thing? Doesn't feel right just tossing it in the trash.

Comments

• Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I usually give it to friends. If my friends don't have a need for it, they most likely know someone who does have a use for it.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I throw mine in for recycling with the cardboard.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    techagami

i make a killer ipx-swan
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    library
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This might be the hoarder in me but I like to hang on to them. I feel a sense of accomplishment that I have taken the time to learn the material in the books I read. Kind of a little trophy if you will. I'm sure my wife will holler at me at some point about how much space I am taking up with them.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    The books that are classics in their field I hang on to. The rest I donate to my city library. The books they don't accession into their collection they sell in their used bookstore to support the library.