Options

Exchange 2013 and Office 2013 previews announced today!

EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
I've been on a plane all afternoon or I would have broke this here sooner... surprised to see no one else has posted it here yet (at least not in this section)...

Exchange 15 (2013) and Office 15 (2013) Previews released! | Fix the Exchange!

I'm attempting to download it now, but I'm at a hotel so don't know if it will finish, might have to wait until I get home Friday. :\

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
  • Options
    tenroutenrou Member Posts: 108
    I'll need to get a look at this because the desctiption sounds very much like a return to the 2003 front end and back end days.

Anyone got it up and running yet?
  • Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    I was just looking at the Exam Objectives for Exchange 2010 last week and thought maybe end of this year or starting of this year I should try for this one. Funny thing is I was drawn to the disclaimer about how MS will phase it out as per the end of support, funny icon_silent.gif
    What I have heard so far is that most engineers didn't like the Architecture of Exchange 2007, some go so far as to skip 2007 and directly move to 2010. The first few lines seem to put it back to 2007.
    Will be interesting to know the thoughts/feedback on this
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Arrggh! So much new stuff all at once and so little time to play with it.
  • Options
    pumbaa_g wrote: »
    I was just looking at the Exam Objectives for Exchange 2010 last week and thought maybe end of this year or starting of this year I should try for this one. Funny thing is I was drawn to the disclaimer about how MS will phase it out as per the end of support, funny icon_silent.gif
    What I have heard so far is that most engineers didn't like the Architecture of Exchange 2007, some go so far as to skip 2007 and directly move to 2010. The first few lines seem to put it back to 2007.
    Will be interesting to know the thoughts/feedback on this

It is common to skip a version of both Exchange and Office for many organizations.

2013 is not like 2007 at all. Like tenrou said, it sort of moves back towards how we did things in 2003, with front-end back-end... because we no longer split up the roles. However it still uses the DAG which was one of the biggest things in 2010, and there are a few other changes as well. No more EMC and ECP, now it's the "EAC".

I haven't had time to install it and play with it yet, going to be very busy for the next 3 weeks too. :\
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    No more public folder database! And public folder management integrated into the EAC. I'm curious if the management will be any good because in 2010 you still had to drop to a shell if you wanted to do anything meaningful. I'm pretty interested in the notifications as well. I still don't see Core as a supported OS though unfortunately.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,034 Admin
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Arrggh! So much new stuff all at once and so little time to play with it.
    So little time to learn it! This is my major complaint with MS--just when I get good with a particular MS technology, it get deprecated and eventually supplanted by something else. It makes me want to go back to UNIX, where I can still use what I learned 30 years ago.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Anyone know the release date for 13?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Next year. icon_smile.gif

Sorry, I had to. I read it may be RTM later 2012 and ht the streets early 2013. Not sure if that still stands.
  • Options
    If it follows what they did with 2010, that's probably a safe bet. RTM was November 2009. Office RTM wasn't until like April or May 2010 though.