Options

v5.0 updates

davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey Guys and Gals,

I was just surfing the web and noticed that there are 'rumors' of a blueprint change for the R&S track.

The reason this worries me is that I just bought my whole LAB based on the INE Lab for v4.0 and I believe all of that gear is EOL and Cisco is apparently going to be using newer gear for the 5.0...

This is the link I read, however mid 2012 has come and gone meaning the update is going to be pretty soon icon_sad.gif

Will there be a Blueprint Change?

Please let me know your thoughts and also if you have heard anything regarding the update.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Failure is a stepping stone to success...

Comments

• Options
    KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Usually they announce an update around Cisco Live time and then it wont take affect until 6months after.. yes RS Is due for a refresh but nothing has been officially announced yet. Even if it does I dont think it will be a total overhaul so push forward and dont worry about the update until its officially announced. Even then dont worry about it. Just incorporate the new topics into your study. Even if your gear is EOL does not mean its not useless. Until then push onward!
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Sept/October is the traditional time frame of when Cisco implements changes to tracks (though I've seen April changes as well). They generally give a 6 to 9 month grace period before changes go in in order to allow folks to have adequate time to finish preparing for the current track.

The blueprint is due for an update, but I wouldn't be in panic mode at the moment, with no announced changes. If you're worried it's going to change, then make studying and learning a much higher priority.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Marko's article is also a little old. The changes to CCIE Security were already announced, and they rolled out the formal announcement of CCIE Data Center. I would be very, very surprised to see any announced changes to R&S this year, but wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it was announced early 2013. I'd be willing to bet that you'll have at least a year before any blueprint change is likely to go into effect, and that should be plenty of time to prep and study if you're serious about the exam.

However, when changes are announced, I would schedule your lab as soon as possible, as there's traditionally a run on lab seats. Most of them will never be used, however, you don't want to find yourself near the deadline praying for someone to drop. For that reason, consider scheduling the Written for this year if you have yet to pass it, so you'll be able to schedule a lab the second a change is announced.
  • Options
    networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Talked about it here as well.
  • Options
    davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks Guys!

I feel a lot better. My INE HDD arrived with all my CCIE v4.0 training videos (best $899 I spent in my life! plus $199 for the 500Gb USB 3.0 HDD). The studying and learning I am happy with, I love breaking and then fixing stuff and have no worries with that. My initial panic was that the investment I made in all this gear was going to be somewhat of a waste if the gear was changed in the next version (most likely).

I will push on with what I have and will aim to be ready for the Lab within a 9 months to a year. I finished my CCIP not too long ago and will be sitting the written on the 1st of December so I strongly believe I can make it with this tight time frame. As we are all aware the CCIE is not something that you would want to rush :D

Thanks for the encouragement and good luck with all your studies too :)

Kind Regards,
    Dave
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...