Options

Officially a CISSP

IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
I got my "congratulations" email this morning so I'm now a CISSP.

I had two solid goals to make before I turned 30 this year: Graduate college and get my CISSP. It's a little under 20 days to my birthday and I'm happy to say that I've achieved both goals this year. I'm blessed to be where I'm at. I thank you all for the support and wisdom that I've found here. I'd give you all a hug if I could :)
BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
Blog: www.network-node.com

Comments

• Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    And you live next to Disney! Congratulations, Iris. Those are huge milestones. :)
  • Options
    ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□

I had two solid goals to make before I turned 30 this year: Graduate college and get my CISSP. It's a little under 20 days to my birthday and I'm happy to say that I've achieved both goals this year. I'm blessed to be where I'm at. I thank you all for the support and wisdom that I've found here. I'd give you all a hug if I could :)

Congrats Iris!

Hopefully my audit goes quick.
  • Options
    I hope it goes quickly as well. They probably just want to call your previous supervisors and verify your previous duties. If they're easy to get ahold of, I couldn't see it taking that long. I would recommend giving your old supervisors a "heads up" call
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    WTG! icon_cheers.gif
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I hope to get my CISSP one day when i've got the experience :D
    A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec
  • Options
    JcastJcast Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□

Congratulations!!!! Just never stop setting career goals and striving to meet them.

When did you submit your endorsement paperwork?
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, those are great accomplishments!
  • Options
    @Jcast: I submitted my paperwork on 6/25/12
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congratulations on both counts! You are to be commended for being goal driven. I'm sure you will go far!

Paula
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations on hitting your goals and I would also like to wish you an early Happy Birthday!!
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Very cool. You deserve to be proud of yourself. Now just to get that MCITP:EA knocked out! icon_wink.gif
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    Congratulations icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Way to go! Congrats!
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    DarthVaderDarthVader Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @Jcast: I submitted my paperwork on 6/25/12

Congratulations Iris!!
    Jcast and I submitted our endorsement stuff a couple of days after you so hopefully we won't be far behind.

Good job
  • Options
    JcastJcast Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DarthVader wrote: »
    Congratulations Iris!!
    Jcast and I submitted our endorsement stuff a couple of days after you so hopefully we won't be far behind.

Good job

I'm hoping it's this week. ISC2 seems to be working on a 3 week cycle for endorsement reviews.
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Congrats!

Wait till you get your packet in the mail - ISC2 went all out on making the certificate look as impressive as they could... just short of looking like a diploma.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    Sweet. I'm actually having my GF buy me the mounted certificate for my birthday. It'll go on my wall of accomplishment :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    badrottiebadrottie Member Posts: 116
    Congratulations, Iris! Welcome to the club.
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations on the accomplishments!
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of the network? Iristheangel does. icon_lol.gif

Big congrats on finally getting one of the big ol' holy grails of IT on your resume, and here's to all those new goals you get to chase now that you've put this one behind you.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats. After the MCITP:EA, what other certifications were you thinking about getting?
  • Options
    I'm going to be getting a few from the MSISA from WGU but besides those, I want to get the following:

MCITP:EA (required by my current job)>CCNP>CCIE

I never thought I would enjoy networking so much so I put off the CCNA for a couple years. Ironically, once I started reading Wendell Odom's book, I fell madly in love with it. When I go after the CCIE, it's going to be for me and to better my own knowledge, not for where it lands me career-wise. I figure all of those will keep me busy for the next few years :) If I end up getting bored after that, I'll probably go after the offensive security track. There's been a few times where I've told myself "Ok, if I just get XYZ certifications, I'll be done. I won't need anymore" but then I hear about another certification or I get really intrigued by material. If I really get into something (i.e. networking, security, etc), I start thinking about the next level I can take that knowledge to. I'm almost compulsive in my studies. LoL. Good thing I have a significant other that understands me or I'd be the cat lady by now. If I get to the end of all those certifications, I don't really know what I'd go for next. Maybe I'll get my head out of the books and enjoy life for awhile :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    doverdover Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Iris,

Congrats on the CISSP!! I think we're following the same trajectory - and have the same compulsion to study. I just graduated with a BS in System Security in May and got my CISSP in February.

I thought about pursuing a Masters degree but since I'm still paying off my bachelors i decided to suck it up and finish the CCNP Security and go on to the CCIE Security after a brief stop studying the CCNP R/S.

Good luck @ WGU...and if you CAN, take some time to just relax! I think I took a total of about 5 days after graduating before I started back into the CCNP Security studies. Maybe you can do better and take a whole week :).
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    I'm going to be getting a few from the MSISA from WGU but besides those, I want to get the following:

MCITP:EA (required by my current job)>CCNP>CCIE

I never thought I would enjoy networking so much so I put off the CCNA for a couple years. Ironically, once I started reading Wendell Odom's book, I fell madly in love with it. When I go after the CCIE, it's going to be for me and to better my own knowledge, not for where it lands me career-wise. I figure all of those will keep me busy for the next few years :) If I end up getting bored after that, I'll probably go after the offensive security track. There's been a few times where I've told myself "Ok, if I just get XYZ certifications, I'll be done. I won't need anymore" but then I hear about another certification or I get really intrigued by material. If I really get into something (i.e. networking, security, etc), I start thinking about the next level I can take that knowledge to. I'm almost compulsive in my studies. LoL. Good thing I have a significant other that understands me or I'd be the cat lady by now. If I get to the end of all those certifications, I don't really know what I'd go for next. Maybe I'll get my head out of the books and enjoy life for awhile :)

I truly envy the joy you find in your work.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    icon_cheers.gifcongrats I wish i was like you with the studying but i really like a friday night drinks with my pals.. I hope to be like you with the goals.
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.
  • Options
    jasong318jasong318 Member Posts: 102
    Congratulations! I think most people on this board also have had that "if I only get this cert, I'll be done" feeling more than once :) I thought I was going to stop after my CCNA, well, maybe then my CCNA:Security, next thing you know you have a CCNP and are looking at the IE :) Congrats again and good luck with the rest, because there will be more!
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    jasong318 wrote: »
    Congratulations! I think most people on this board also have had that "if I only get this cert, I'll be done" feeling more than once :) I thought I was going to stop after my CCNA, well, maybe then my CCNA:Security, next thing you know you have a CCNP and are looking at the IE :) Congrats again and good luck with the rest, because there will be more!

Yeah...I've recently come to terms with the fact that there is no real end in sight...
  • Options
    It's like an addiction (*taps vein*). I love learning and there's some topics that I just eat up. I doubt I'll ever get to Scott Morris-level but I'll be happy with well-rounded knowledge.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931