Options

Passed 70-686 Today

MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Wooo passed with a 780, and I'm happy that I did that. It was a tough test, but 2 testlets and 47 questions on top of those, so 55 questions in all.

It was a tough exam, but happy with the pass. I used CBT nuggets and the sybex book for it.

Comments

• Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! This one got the better of me a few months back. I scored a 675. I knew I wasn't going to pass though as I didn't finish studying before my time to take the test came. (bought an early expire discount voucher) I think I will hit this test again here soon. Its time I move on to the server08 exams. What is next on your list?
  • Options
    kangpckangpc Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just passed today as well a few hours ago. 940/1000 !

I was gonna do 70-686 next, how bout you?
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Congrats MeanDrunk!
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    What is next on your list?

I spent a good solid 2 months studying my butt off for this exam, and I'm not happy I got a 780 for the amount of studying I did, but I'm not going to complain with a pass. It's not easy, but it's not too difficult if you take your time. They try to trick you a little bit with some of the questions and how the answers are worded.

Next on my list will be the upgrade exam to MCSA 2012 sometime after that's released, so for now I'll enjoy a few months off of studying and get back to it this fall after good resources become available. :)
  • Options
    kangpc wrote: »
    Congrats! I just passed today as well a few hours ago. 940/1000 !

I was gonna do 70-686 next, how bout you?

the 70-686 is a good test to take, and you should definitely go that route. I'll be waiting for the MCSA 2012 upgrade exams to come out, then go that route. And then eventually get a MCSE in something, just not sure which path for sure yet.
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif I'll be taking this one in October.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    congrats.. isn't a 686 a upgrade path for mcdst ?
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.
  • Options
    congrats.. isn't a 686 a upgrade path for mcdst ?

It's the pro certification for the MCITP: EDA. I think the upgrade exam is a different one.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome! Congrats on the pass! I am looking to take this test next
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD