Options

Awesome setups thread (pics)

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    That's one clean setup then, mine looks like a bomb's gone off which is why I've never posted a picture here. The missus is constantly pestering me to clean the room up, but I'm like as long as you dont stumble, it's all good. Good thing is that I have the room to myself, she's got her lappie and couch!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah - I'm quite impressed with how neat and tidy everyone's setup is. I can never seem to get all the widgets and old computer parts, books organized enough. Storage seems to be the biggest problem in my setup.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    100_1393_zps6b4c70bc.jpg
    100_1395_zpsb600dd47.jpg
    Heard that replaying something you've seen can help improve working, so I've been having the matrix / tron on replay while I study.

Two Mamba mice. One for my work computer, and the 2nd gen for my computer. Blackwidow mechanical keyboard, and 5.1 Logitech speakers. I unscrwed the bases, flipped them on their side for saving space. I have the rear speakers as well, they're velcroed to the back desk and on their sides as well.

I have two VMs: 1 for OpenSUSE and the other W7 VM is dedicated just for Stay/Fate Night PC game. OneNote for Linux+ notes - Exercises, specifically. I still need to get two more U3011 monitors, as well as upgrade the Video card. I've been slacking!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    That's a sweet setup Rogue!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not sure if this counts as awesome.

27.5" Haans-G on the left (1920x1200)
    24" Dell in the middle (1920x1200)
    rMBP on the right (set up with 1920x1200)

When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    It's awesome.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

• Options
    IndyLovelessIndyLoveless Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is such an Awesome thread, I love all your setups, mine is old i hope to get some new gear soon. My first multi monitors was back on windows 95, it was much harder to do then.

p1050373d.jpg

That's a nice tummy time mat, we have the same one in our house. :)
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    We replaced both our non matching desks at home with a pair of glass top craft tables from IKEA. It is totally wrong for a tech desk but that was the point, to avoid clutter was get rid of places to just **** clutter on like my old L-shaped desk. It has a gap between wood and glass where I put a thin pencil/pen/clips drawer thing. I now have a four square cube book case which holds my modem, switch, VMware box and NAS. Since it is pretty open design I had to discipline myself to attempt proper cable management.

Now the closet in the computer room is what I have to clean next.....
  • Options
    kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Just found my desk from March, I had just picked up the iMac from the store.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Why did you get rid of the second computer? I notice the lack of a second keyboard in the newest-posted picture.

• Options
    Actually. It's still there, I got rid of the middle monitor. I wanted to just use one keyboard and mous between the two and Synergy was too buggy. so I am using a MiniDP to DVI from the iMac to the Dell monitor and remote into my old computer putting it up on the right monitor.

I explain it here http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/79688-awesome-setups-thread-pics-3.html#post708338
  • Options
    That's a nice tummy time mat, we have the same one in our house. :)
    Yeah, everyone should have one in their office.
  • Options
    Update!
    Added 1 U3011. I have one left to buy. :)

I had to change the wallpaper from a woman in a car to more a more family-friendly wallpaper for everyone.

100_1397_zps302748f6.jpg
    100_1398_zps85454ace.jpg

• Options
    Very nice. Glad to see you upgraded from that leaning tower of crts. That other setup looked scary.
  • Options
    inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    paul78 wrote: »
    Very nice. Glad to see you upgraded from that leaning tower of crts. That other setup looked scary.

I remember the leaning tower of crt

yeah better now!

it is not tummy time it is ranbow forest jumperoo
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    There are many people in this thread not using Synergy and I don't know why...
  • Options
    lsud00d wrote: »
    There are many people in this thread not using Synergy and I don't know why...
    It was very buggy for me, I used a few different versions, but even the stable ones wouldn't let me use the mac as my primary without something stopping (turned out keyboard input to the PC) and going the other way, it stopped working after a week and couldn't get it to work again and that was after trying multiple reinstalls. So I gave it a red hot go, but it just didn't work out.
  • Options
    I never tried it. For me it's just easier to keep two sets instead of one. I do a lot of stuff with my computers so having a dedicated "up" computer doesn't work for me too well.

as far the the leaning tower of CRTs. Those were awesome! My lowly 460 GTX is pushing out a heck of a lot of heat to run both 30s though. The DVI cable is hot. Ill need to upgrade to a 680 (Because I still game, sometimes), to save up one PCI slot. Since I have 2 dual-RJ45s now and only 3 PCI Express slots... icon_sad.gif

Realistically, the nVidia 700 series should be out before I can cough up the cash for a video card. I just wanted to make sure I have triple U3011s as I've seen different model numbers used to conflict with surround gaming. Civ5 on three monitors - Yes, please.

Either that or invest in my own AC for work.

• Options
    I moved closer in town DC had to put my rack in a public storage, whats next no PC?

to the right you see my office.
    to the left you see my family room, my office bleeds into the family room you see my printer ontop my band speaker TV base. I am standing in my baby play zone to make this photo.
    just moved in and got internet yesterday, have no LAB connection sofar?

p1060223i.jpg

My two Hp server PC's are the shelf holding my cisco gear.
    I am still a lucky guy,
    YES?
    (why)
    cause you see the bottle of ? and the bottle of ?,
    so ?
    yes I am still the lucky guy? (maybe this weekend I can connect more wires)?
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    When I lived in DC, I kept my rack in the living room. I didnt care that it bothered my friends or GF at the time. If she liked the fancy dinners and DC happy hour life then she should put up with the rack being in the living room.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    shodown wrote: »
    When I lived in DC, I kept my rack in the living room. I didnt care that it bothered my friends or GF at the time. If she liked the fancy dinners and DC happy hour life then she should put up with the rack being in the living room.

feel the same (so does Wifey) < she sooooo Cooooool!

but

baby boy
    needs his space
    (yes)
    (?)
    YES
    baby Victor gets most of my space!

(oh yeah) Baby Boy Name is, Victor, Victor gets my rack space for now!, Anyway I gotta job so I should be outta here soon!

Lots of my stuff is down south, haven't seen my 320 external pocket HD in AHHHH, well a week or soo!
  • Options
    858617_10151350963359737_1024184354_o.jpg

Got tired of straining my neck to the right. So I did something about it!

One more u30 to go! I hope I can make it in before Dell Discontinues the model icon_sad.gif

My office is pretty much a mess at the moment because of the shuffling around of the towers, my -still-naked-computer. I also wanted to put my Cisco equipment closer to my desk. Which building another wall does nicely. I'll probably build up behind the next U30, and shove 2 more monitors on my dedicated work computer. (top row)

PS: Battlestar Galactic Coasters :P

• Options
    Rogue, why man, just why do you need 6 monitors!?!? How do you keep your neck craned looking at those second tier monitors! Great setup btw, but still...
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    I just got a whole bag of fiber and fiber gigabit modulesfor my lab!!! I found out that my company pays for training.
    In about a month I am going to suggest my enrolment in the ccie boot camp withNarbik Kakrin this august

RogueTadhog those are COOL! you are really stepping up the game. NICE
  • Options
    Essendon wrote: »
    Rogue, why man, just why do you need 6 monitors!?!? How do you keep your neck craned looking at those second tier monitors! Great setup btw, but still...

6? Think bigger, man! I'm going back to 9 monitors! 11 if you count the two behind me whom I had to push out of the way, and sit on the desk to grab a picture.

The top tier is connected to my work-dedicated computer. that computer has all the internal sites I need to check routinely as well as the weather channel. Time Sheets, Docs, network performance, email, tickets, IM. I just like to have everything spread out and easily seen.

Looking up is far easier than trying than look 90 degrees right all the time. When I moved my U3011 to the right side I had to push the monitors more right. It got tiresome on my neck to do this. When I lab, study, all I need to do is put my eyes upwards and bam. I tend to shut out the rest of the world when I study. Now I don't have any issues about getting tickets, emails, instant mesages, pron. All the essentials

I also have a bit of OCD and I want to play games with Surround (3-monitors) so I won't be happy until I get a third tier 1 monitor icon_sad.gif

• Options
    log32log32 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 217
    That's seriously crazy. are you serious regarding the OCD? :) even a NOC engineer doesn't have that many screens!
  • Options
    @Rogue - how do you mount those monitors in the back? I couldn't tell from the picture. I replaced my mounts a few months ago and I searched a while for decent monitor mounts. Thanks.
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    The biggest PITA is finding a 4 monitor desktop background icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    log32: Self proclaimed OCD. I just like things to be balanced. It messes with my fung sheui when things are off to one side!

Paul78: Not so much mounting... And yes, that's a fan blowing behind the 30" monitors to help with heat dissipation.
    100_1402_zps360b2558.jpg

lsud00d: I use ultramonitor and/or photoshop to make wallpapers if I can't find something I like. Ultramonitor is good about stretching pictures across any number of monitors. Abstract pictures work best - anything nature/women tend to get warped.

• Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I just want to say, I lost track of this thread for a while, but it is awesome. I'm looking up some of those tools like synergy and ultramonitor to help me set up whenever I move into my own place, government quarters suck for personalization. Anyway, I have 4 monitors and about 5 computers that need something to do, i'll need 1 big screen to hover over everything...