Options

My CISSP certification is Official!!!!!!!

JcastJcast Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
I received my official CISSP congratulations email from ISC2!!! For those of you waiting on endorsement approval, it took 1 day short of 3 weeks.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Let me be the first to say CONGRATS!
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Let me be the first to say CONGRATS!
    Thank you very much.
  • Options
    letstrythis1letstrythis1 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Congrats. Hoping to make a similar post after I take the exam on Aug 24th.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations! good job!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jcast wrote: »
    I received my official CISSP congratulations email from ISC2!!! For those of you waiting on endorsement approval, it took 1 day short of 3 weeks.

Congrats! 20 days?!?! I'm jealous. It took me a few days past a month myself. :) What's next for you?
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    spicy ahi wrote: »
    Congrats! 20 days?!?! I'm jealous. It took me a few days past a month myself. :) What's next for you?
    Sorry, I guess the summer is a slower time for testing and ISC2 can turn them around faster.

Funny you should ask cause not 10 min after receiving the email I was looking at CISM certification info.
  • Options
    Congratulations! good job!
    Thank you. We got me in the same week. Is your certification cycle date for CPE's August 1st as well?
  • Options
    Thank you letstrythis and the hutch.
  • Options
    Sorry, I guess the summer is a slower time for testing and ISC2 can turn them around faster.

Funny you should ask cause not 10 min after receiving the email I was looking at CISM certification info.

You masochist! I was looking at it as well. But the next test is in December so I'm looking for something to take up between now and September when I figure I'd start buckling down and getting serious with CISM.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Thank you. We got me in the same week. Is your certification cycle date for CPE's August 1st as well?

Yep. August 1 to July 2015
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    You masochist! I was looking at it as well. But the next test is in December so I'm looking for something to take up between now and September when I figure I'd start buckling down and getting serious with CISM.
    Anything you're leaning towards?
  • Options
    JoshuaMPetersonJoshuaMPeterson Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats this is the certification I want to go for down the road.
  • Options
    DarthVaderDarthVader Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Jcast!,
    I got mine today too. Good job man!!!!
  • Options
    DarthVader wrote: »
    Hey Jcast!,
    I got mine today too. Good job man!!!!
    Thanks!! The force is with you!!
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congratulations! And thanks for the turnaround report. I'm one who is awaiting endorsement.

Paula
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    Congratulations! And thanks for the turnaround report. I'm one who is awaiting endorsement.

Paula
    I figured someone out there would want to know. When did you submit the endorsement paperwork?
  • Options

Pardon the newbie question - do I understand that the CPE cycle date will probably begin the first of the month following the official certification date? If so, then "RATS" because I have a 2-day security conference that will probably land between my official cert date and my CPE cycle date icon_mad.gif
  • Options
    Yes, that's seems to be how it works. I'm similarly doing a CoBIT course and cert in the next week but my cycle starts on 8/1. Oh well...
  • Options
    At least we have three years to make up for it!
  • Options
    Anything you're leaning towards?

I was looking at CISM, GSEC, CEH and CCNP switch as potential suitors. I already have the CCNP materials because that was my pursuit before I got this SecAdmin job. So that would be the cheapest thing to study (just pay for the test) The others would cost a bit of money, but they're all in line with my current job and any others that I'd pursue. I'm probably going to register for the CISM and start studying in late September/early October so just gotta figure if I can squeeze either the CEH or Switch into 2 1/2 months. i'm leading towards Switch since I know the stuff though in reading about the CEH, it looks like it may be doable in the timeframe mentioned as well. GSEC is probably not happening unless my employer pays for the class.

So most likely it'll be Switch, then CISM, then finish CCNP, and hopefully GSEC & CEH then back to CCNP Security. That's the plan as or right now anyway. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Good luck! Sounds like you'll be busy.
  • Options
    ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□

Congrats!
  • Options
    ejg398 wrote: »
    Congrats!
    Thank you.
  • Options
    I was looking at CISM, GSEC, CEH and CCNP switch as potential suitors. I already have the CCNP materials because that was my pursuit before I got this SecAdmin job. So that would be the cheapest thing to study (just pay for the test) The others would cost a bit of money, but they're all in line with my current job and any others that I'd pursue. I'm probably going to register for the CISM and start studying in late September/early October so just gotta figure if I can squeeze either the CEH or Switch into 2 1/2 months. i'm leading towards Switch since I know the stuff though in reading about the CEH, it looks like it may be doable in the timeframe mentioned as well. GSEC is probably not happening unless my employer pays for the class.

So most likely it'll be Switch, then CISM, then finish CCNP, and hopefully GSEC & CEH then back to CCNP Security. That's the plan as or right now anyway. icon_lol.gif
    I'm definitely taking the CISM with you in December, I may pursue GSec later this year but I just decided that while waiting for the CISM I think the ISSMP would be beneficial. So I signed up for an early August review seminar and will take the ISSMP exam immediately following the course.
  • Options
    I'm definitely taking the CISM with you in December, I may pursue GSec later this year but I just decided that while waiting for the CISM I think the ISSMP would be beneficial. So I signed up for an early August review seminar and will take the ISSMP exam immediately following the course.

Curse you! Why'd you have to mention the ISSMP? icon_lol.gif Now I have to fit that thing in somewhere...
  • Options
    Curse you! Why'd you have to mention the ISSMP? icon_lol.gif Now I have to fit that thing in somewhere...
    ISSMP is good pre-study for CISM. maybe you'll fit it in around October... icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    JCast, I submitted my endorsement paperwork on Thursday, July 12
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats! That's a big deal icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    JCast, I submitted my endorsement paperwork on Thursday, July 12
    Well then you'll hopefully hear back next week. Fingers crossed for you.