Options

Need help with configuring a 2811

themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
For who ever helps I will be forever grateful. I have to set up a 2811 to work with a 2504 Wireless controller, 6 ap's and 3 SSID's. Going in a home so really doesn't need to be perfect. So far I know I set up 3 vlans, g0/0.1,.2,.3. Set up the dhcp scope on each and enable nat. The switch is a 2000p. I will set two ports to trunk. One to the router, one to the controller. Vlan 1 will be the private lan so I will set all other ports to Vlan 1.

Parts I need help with:
For connection to the AP's, what do I set the switch port to? The AP's must get an IP in the same range as the controller.
Intervlan routing - I only want Vlan 3 to be able to go to the internet and interact with VLAN 1. Vlan 2 is internet only. That would be using ACL's right?
Anything that I should be aware of or hickups that might cause issues?

Any advice or information will be greatly appreciated.
Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013

Comments

• Options
    Cold TitaniumCold Titanium Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    "For connection to the AP's, what do I set the switch port to?"

You mean the actual ports that the APs are directly connected too? If I remember correctly, they should just be normal access ports.

You know: switchport mode access

"I only want Vlan 3 to be able to go to the internet and interact with VLAN 1. Vlan 2 is internet only. That would be using ACL's right? "

Sounds like a job for ACL's to me...
    2014 Goals
    • Pass OSCP (In Progress)
    • Obtain employment in IT Security
  • Options
    themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Well I accomplished it. I am very proud of myself. 12 hours of config work. 1 x 2811, 6 x 1140 AP, 1 x 5504 WLC and 2 x SGE2000p switches. 4 vlans, all separated and secured from each other - used firewall and acl settings. Not the prettiest of config, probably could of used private vlans and more up to date practices but for a SOHO use, it will work stellar. Before I got my hands on it they were trying to run it all on a netgear router. It was a mess.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013