Options

Anybody play Arma2 or Dayz?

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
Finally built my new machine worthy of on line gaming and now just decided to join a group of guys on DAYZ. Anyone out there play these games?

Comments

• Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I bought ARMA II from last year's steam summer sale. Started stumbling upon DayZ videos on youtube and thought I would try it. The install process is lengthy and ridiculous for Steam players. And the game itself has many broken pieces to it still. However, it is great playing with buddies and the adrenaline rushes are very unheard of in many others.

There's also a similar standalone game in the works called WarZ.

There's like 4 of 5 other guys I have been playing with. There's a Vent server we use too.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    DayZ when I need a break from studying.
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    Steam dropped the price on ARMA II CO even more. Now $17.99 and the most popular game on Steam, all thanks to the Day Z mod.
  • Options
    Steve I saw that! Downloading now, I created a new Skype account since that's what the other guys use. Almost done, I plan on downloading rocket next and the DAYZ expansion.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    steam summer sales are awesome! i have bought all kinds of games lol I love it! A lot of the indie games are like $2.50 - $7.50.

I bought:
    Alan Wakes Franchise (includes 2 games): $8
    Alice - Madness returns: $8
    Batman - Arkham City: $10
    Braid: $2.50
    Capsized:$2.50
    Cave Story: $2.50
    Far Cry package (Games 1&2): $10
    Insanely twisted shadow planet: $7
    Killing Floor: $5 (Love this game!)
    Mutant Storm Reloaded: $2.50
    LIMBO: $5
    Orcs Must DIE: $2.50
    Portal 2: $5
    Scary Girl: $5
    Civilizations V: $7
    Toy Soldiers: $5
    Trine 2: $5
    Unreal Tournament 3 Black edition: $5

Others i own: Left for dead 2, Half Life 2, Counter Strike, Deus X: Human Revolution.

And more to come lol i am taking advantage of this sale, only 2 more days left. I wish i can only buy more hours for a day, expand it from 24 to 48 hrs lol I dont have much time to play, with work, studying, and going to the gym, but when i do i like seeing my massive selection :)
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    Played DayZ with 2 guys from work, wow it was a blast! I went from rolling around with an Axe to now fully armed with a 1911 and m14. I was using the 303 Enfield for a while, but that was so loud. The graphics and real world/open world element is great.

We are going to start a gamer thursday every thursday so we don't get into to much but still have a good geek sessions once a week. I'm excited!
  • Options
    I heard the servers exploded with players due to the latest discount. My buddies said they couldnt get in, so I didnt bother either.
  • Options
    Found a couple nice ones that are obviously optimized for the game but you are right some are down right trash.
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Sooo Dayz is like a zombie mmorpg?
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    It's a multi player tactical open world game. Zombies and human opponents.

It's a badass game no question about it.

Here is a link to the mod. DayZ Mod

You have to download Arma2 combined operations before installing the dayz mod.
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Sounds real fun...my gaming PC is like 4 years old and most likely wont hack it. Hmmm new mustang parts or new gaming PC...
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Don't have large enough block of time to play online these days. Did get Batman, Dead Space 2 & Price of Persia from Steam over the weekend. Will wait until xmas sale for Orcs Must Die 2.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    @ Hokie

Do it geek out on the new machine :) Just kidding the Stang would be pretty schweet as well!

@ Dave

What if you did a on line game MMO but just dedicated one night a week to it. Like a tennis or golf league?
  • Options
    My co-worker is a long time WoW player (married, 2 kids) and just plays on Friday nights, sometimes Saturdays. His wife leaves him and his alcohol in the basement to play. The other 6 days he is totally whipped.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Not every woman is that awesome......unless she plays video games as well, then your in a win situation.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Unless she also pwns j00 @$$ :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?