Options

CISA June 2012 Exam Results

Comments

• Options
    lalitcreativelalitcreative Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Results out, Cleared Exam
  • Options
    leleilelei Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just got my CISA results email- I passed with a 595! I was sure I failed, so its a relief. That is the hardest exam I have ever taken.
    WGU BS: IT Network Design & Management - Start Date: 8/1/12 Finished: 10/1/12
    WGU MBA: IT Management - Start Date: 3/1/14 Finished: 1/29/15

• Options
    jch0411jch0411 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just checked the mailbox, scanned the ISACA email: "PASSED".

I can stop sweating... Yippie!

Congrats to all.
  • Options
    ono1331ono1331 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there, just got the CISA result email too, with score 579, it is really a great moment, thanks for everyone's support and hope all others pass the exam!!!
  • Options
    Sumit PuriSumit Puri Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Me too.....jus saw the result... PASSED......such a relief.....Best of LUCK to all my lovely friends here !!!!
  • Options
    wallet99wallet99 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My heart beat raised, shivering of fear, prayed to God and opened the email.
    Passed CISA!

Not a very good score, only 466, but who cares, pass is a pass. This was my second time, first time received 404. Studied hard for it, and it was a very tough exam. What a relief.
  • Options
    kaleemhukaleemhu Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Woooohooo! Passed CISA!
  • Options
    Murasaki_NekoMurasaki_Neko Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed ........... WOOHOO!!

I didn't do as well as I wanted to but heck I'm just so darn glad I don't have to take it again!!!!

All the best to you all and the results should be rolling in to the rest of you soon.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Congratulations, Congratulations, Congratulations.. to everyone!!! Your efforts worth to get the return!!
  • Options
    mlnarasmlnaras Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got an email - Passed CISA. Thought i will score well, but just PASS (460). Anyway i will take it.
  • Options
    How does the new application fee for the certification work? Do we just pay it online and they verify it on their end? I didn't see anywhere in the application to include payment confirmation info.

• Options
    lelei wrote: »
    I just got my CISA results email- I passed with a 595! I was sure I failed, so its a relief. That is the hardest exam I have ever taken.
    Hi lelei, I am planning to have CISSP next time, do you think CISA is harder than CISSP? thx!
  • Options
    I thought the CISA was much harder. For CISSP, it seemed like you could reason your way through a lot of the questions, and they were logical. I had a very hard time with the CISA questions, and they seemed misleading. If you know security, understand the concepts and understand encryption, CISSP is fairly easy.

• Options
    milas4milas4 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wow i passed 450 whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    lelei wrote: »
    I thought the CISA was much harder. For CISSP, it seemed like you could reason your way through a lot of the questions, and they were logical. I had a very hard time with the CISA questions, and they seemed misleading. If you know security, understand the concepts and understand encryption, CISSP is fairly easy.
    Thank you so much for your information. Yes I agree with you the CISA exam is tough, misleading and energy consuming, and mental challenging. I feel my head being paused after the exam, the time for answering all the questions is just enough!!
  • Options
    p4parekhp4parekh Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I failed ...423....so dishearten...
  • Options
    Is there a way I can have them reevaluate my exam?
  • Options
    wallet99wallet99 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    p4parekh, you could try, but i wouldn't bother. I failed CISA last time in Dec-2011 and was extremely disheartened. It was time though for lesson learned and master the material. I signed up quickly for Jun-2012 and started preparing. Took 2 weeks off from work before the exam and focused on the practice questions. I didn't read the manual though, probably the reason why I didn't score great but anyways pass is a pass. Good luck for Dec-2012 exam, it will be worth it!
  • Options
    Thanks wallet99!

yea, I failed the june 2011 exam and re took the exam this year...I studied hard but not sure what went wrong...I read the manual, solved 1000 questions, and even understood the reasoning behind incorrect answers.. I agree, I dont have solid experience maybe that could be a reason that I am unsuccessful in passing this exam.
  • Options
    I would not be so hard on yourself, you probably understand the concepts just fine. The way they word the questions on the exam is frustrating and some seemed downright misleading. It might not be a knowledge gap for you, it might just be difficulty with figuring out exactly what their crazy questions are really asking. I was really upset with the quality of the questions on the exam, it really felt like they were trying to make people fail with bad questions. I made these same comments in the survey they sent out, maybe if they hear the same comments from many different people, they will eventually figure out how to clarify their questions in the future.

I would look at the practice questions again and try to identify what they were asking in each one. Its hard to figure out the mindset behind why they ask things in certain ways, but if you try to understand it you might do much better next time. Your really close to a passing score, I would not give up!

• Options
    rock9400rock9400 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, the wait has been long. I just received my passing score today by e-mail. Two days shy of 8 weeks. I scored a 532 and am happy with the score. I would like to add that the ISACA questions database was by far the most helpful of all of the items I used to study. Good luck for eveyone else who took the exam in June!

Rock9400
  • Options
    sreenath11sreenath11 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Received results 3 hrs back

crisc passed with 564 !!!

Thank you
    Srinath
  • Options
    Thanks lelei!!

I agree! the questions are written incorrectly or not worded properly. Most of them have two possible correct answers. You may be right about me not being able to understand the question. Yes, I am very close to passing this exam but that means studying again for 4 mnths and then waiting 2 mnths for the results, I could hv gotten a masters degree which is almost equal to 3 attempts for CISA.

Thanks a ton for your feedback! I will have to make a decision in two weeks for early bird registration! icon_smile.gif
  • Options
    htebazilehtebazile Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got my CISM results this morning - PASSED! So glad.... hoping to submit my application today.
    ~ elizabeth
  • Options
    amolS21amolS21 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    p4parekh, don't get discouraged ! its a part and parcel of exam system. I would say Do not Just read or Solve exams, Try to understand or develop an AUDITOR's mindset. CISA exam is not to test how much you know but its about How effectively you can APPLY !!!

I Cleared my exam just by going through material for 2 weeks and that too just for an hour or 2 per day.

Please let me know if you need any help.
  • Options
    Thanks AmolS21!

yeah, thinking like an auditor is the hard part because I have no auditing experience..nevertheless, that's not an excuse for failing the exam. If they could provide some more detailed explanation on my exam that would be helpful, and not just how i performed domain wise.

I will definitely message you if I plan on retaking the exam! thanks!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!
  • Options
    sachinmalivsachinmaliv Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got 347 . too bad icon_sad.gif
    I felt i did so well...
  • Options
    SarayuSarayu Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CISA - passed - toughest exam ever in my life.. was killing ... but it was good to see the positive results.. so what should i do next ? how do i get certification ? pls help
  • Options
    MokongtohaMokongtoha Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed... Praise God!
  • Options
    p4parekn, don't give up!! I think you should first take a break and forget the result, next prepare for the next exam. I believe everyone here including me would like to help you prepare the next exam. In my opinion, the exam is tough enough and I had no idea about my result after the exam. Your failure does not mean you are not good enough, there are many other factors. Therefore, never give up!!