CISA June 2012 Exam Results

13»

Comments

• jwonghsjwonghs Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got the result about 12hours back, passed the CISA!!! :)
    Congra to all passed.
    Who couldn't pass this time, you can make it with more working experience and appropriate study.
    (I feel my working experience helped a lot in answering those tricky questions)
  • doug.rainmakerdoug.rainmaker Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed people!
  • doug.rainmakerdoug.rainmaker Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed people!

CISA! It hurt some, but the outcome was a pleasure!
  • Vik210Vik210 Member Posts: 197
    CISA pass!!!
    I personally found it very difficult exam. In April when I was first told about this exam (apologies for my ignorance), I thought I will be able to do it easily as I have worked as an IT Manager for a midsize company for couple of years and have dealt with many auditors. Fortunately I was told a week before the last date for registration and I paid the fee before even looking at the contact. To tell you the truth, I felt so stupid after a month of study and the realisation of not knowing anything was so frustrating that I even though I am not going to attempt the exam. My friend’s advice to start doing Q&A (in first week of June) made the situation worse! Somehow I made up my mind and gave the exam and now the result can’t be better!
    I still think I am very lucky to clear the exam and my experience has helped me a lot. I have done CCNA, MCSE exams and I was also the highest scorer in my Master’s degree but this is the first exam I have given which pushed me to my limits of have apply practical knowledge.
    Regardless of the result, I was happy to know so much about governance/ auditing and other topics after studying that wouldn’t have been possible otherwise. Now all I can say is, it was difficult but was well worth the efforts.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats to all that passed!
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • p4parekhp4parekh Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank ono1331!

You guys are great..stepping up to helping me out...yes, I need regroup and think about what would be my next step. Lot of people are suggesting that experience is extremely important to be able to answer those tricky questions...I hv no experience..so I will have to make a decision..icon_confused.gif:
  • laur3n81tlaur3n81t Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the CISA! Hallelujah...studying for this exam was so frustrating. I agree with previous posters about the quality of the questions. I am comfortable with the material but the way the questions are phrased have nothing to do with your knowledge of IT auditing.

I failed it the first time in December 2011, with a 444 (how horrible is that, 6 measly points off). Managed to pass with a 471 this time. A pass is a pass! The only way to do it is just practice practice practice.
  • jennyclsa2012jennyclsa2012 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think practical experience is more important than studying. I managed to read the whole CISA official study guide book once, then took 15-hour preparation course, and studied 3 hours a day for 3 weeks to prepare for the exam. Finally, I passed CISA in 1st attempt. I agreed the questions are kind of tricky. However, you should read it carefully. Sometimes, you need to think about what the questions implied in order to pick the correct answer. I can say you also need a good English skill in order to pass.
    I can say you also need a good English skill in order to pass.

i think you are right in saying that.. unlike Cisco exams where questions are very easy and to the point.. CISA has a complecated way of asking things.. for me, MS exams are the worst.. they have LONG questions and complex language..
  • Fr4ntav0Fr4ntav0 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello everyone, I'm Italian and I did the June 2012 CISA exam with a colleague. Right now, my colleague received the email with the results, and I anything.
    What do you think? It 's normal?

thanks
    Hi Fr4ntav0
    You better send mail to ISACA to ask. They notified via Facebook/LinkedIn that all result has been sent on Wed.
    Hi jennycisa2012,

I sent mail few minuts ago.

thanks
    they might not have the correct email id.. also i remember there was an option to select if you want your result through email.. i do think sending an email to isaca is a good idea. btw, you will get it post as well..
  • leleilelei Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can say you also need a good English skill in order to pass.

I agree with this as well, and I actually made some comments about it on the survey too. I am a native English speaker, and I found the wording on many of the questions cumbersome and confusing- I can only image how rough it would be for a non-native speaker.
    WGU BS: IT Network Design & Management - Start Date: 8/1/12 Finished: 10/1/12
    WGU MBA: IT Management - Start Date: 3/1/14 Finished: 1/29/15

Hi, I don't receive mail ISACA, but in the myIsaca I look that I passed with 579 score...
    Tranks To God
  • MountainsMountains Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just found out I failed and was hoping someone could help me figure out the best way to study for December. This year I basically took the Isaca practice database questions and studied them everynight for about a month. I made sure I went over questions missed and know I answered 100% of the questions. I was feeling confident based on that but the test was nothing close to the database. Some people have recommended boot camps. I am pretty new to the auditing world but need this cert to stay in my job. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Hi Fr4ntav0

Congratulations! You better update your profile with correct email address as ISACA would send any news via email.

Does anybody apply CISA certification right after? I am puzzled if the verifier must be still with the employer that I worked for as my former boss had changed to work for another company.
  • marwan76marwan76 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes Sirreee,
    Passed CISA. If you haven't received your email yet, like myself, login to isaca > myISACA. Click on the myCertifications tab. You'll see the result of your exam. I have a question though. How does a score of 450 translate to in % ? and 550 ? and 650 ? and 750 ?
    800 is the total mark. Then, I assume 450 is 450/800 = 56%. However, as mentioned from ISACA site, the score for every question is different.
    Mountains wrote: »
    I just found out I failed and was hoping someone could help me figure out the best way to study for December. This year I basically took the Isaca practice database questions and studied them everynight for about a month. I made sure I went over questions missed and know I answered 100% of the questions. I was feeling confident based on that but the test was nothing close to the database. Some people have recommended boot camps. I am pretty new to the auditing world but need this cert to stay in my job. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I am sorry to here that but there are very few exam which can be cleared by Q&As and CISA is certainly not one of those.. I highly recommend review manual for CISA. Its not an easy thing to read, at least not for me but its great.
    Also, this exam has a very practical approach and I think you need to have some experience to clear it (not necessarily for auditing but Risk assessment, IT Management, Security)
    Do try it again, its worth it and all the best!
  • svraravindsvraravind Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Greetings , I passed CISA exam , after 2 attempts. This time i did only the CISA manual and CISA Database questions. 2 weeks before the exam i took off and only concentrated on manual and questions. I wish you all the best.
  • htebazilehtebazile Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jennyclsa2012: no, your verifier for years previous does not have to be at your current employer..... you can get your former boss to verify for the years you worked under him/her, and then get your current boss to verify the time you have been working together. that's what i did.

FYI: i submitted my CISM application the day we got our scores, and they just emailed me back to say they received it, today. hopefully now that they are charging $50 to apply, they will move a little more quickly with verifying applications. we'll see. i had my application ready to go just in case i passed, so it could be processed as quickly as possible.
    ~ elizabeth
    Hi Elizabeth

Thanks! My problem is I worked for company A and I can ask my former boss there to be my verifier. However, my former boss already left company A. Then, what company email address/phone number I should fill as he no longer work for company A. Would ISACA send mail to the verifier to confirm? I am puzzled on it as all my former boss already the company that we worked together. Please help! Thanks a lot!
  • htebazilehtebazile Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would just put down his current information and make a note on the application that he worked for the company when you worked there - out to the side, something short and simple. I think it will be fine.
    ~ elizabeth
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

This is the only option I have as none of my superiors are working for the same organization any more.
    Would it increase the probability of being audited by ISACA of the application?
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @jennyclsa2012 - you may want to contact ISACA directly. The folks there are very nice and helpful. I don't see why your current manager can't provide the verification. In theory, the current manager hired you with the presumotion that you had X years of experience.
  • restoredrestored Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mountains wrote: »
    Can anyone pls specify the books thatthey think will be very ok to read so as to pas this exam, I also used the CD Data base by ISACA, it id not weem useful at all, I know people used varying books, pls can anyone be specific
  • wallet99wallet99 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the following:
    - CISA All-in-one Exam Guide 2nd Edition by Peter Gregory
    - CISA Study Guide, by David L. Cannon (this is most easy to read)
    - ISACA questions database

Also I took the ISACA CISA review course offered by my local chapter, it was quite helpful and the instructors were great!
  • leleilelei Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used the Peter Gregory book, the ISACA study guide and the ISACA question database. The ISACA study guide is hard to wade through, but I thought it was the absolute best source of information for this exam.
    WGU BS: IT Network Design & Management - Start Date: 8/1/12 Finished: 10/1/12
    WGU MBA: IT Management - Start Date: 3/1/14 Finished: 1/29/15