Anyone ever heard of/dealt with LANWAN Professionals?.......

I was notified email from Careerbuilders about an internship via an organization called LANWAN Professionals. As I always do,I investigate any/all opportunities outside of advancing thru our IT Deptpartment. I came to the best resource yet....techexams.net and I would like to know if any techs have come across this organization? It seems like one of those "...if its too good to be true..." you know the rest. I searched the net for reviews and there wasn't enough to make me believe this is a scam,but I got that little voice in he back of my mind telling me to get a second,third,fourth opinion....so anyone out there with 2 cents to give? Thanks.....

Comments

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Never delt with them but I've heard it's a scam as well.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    there are a few threads on this subject. BUT yes that is a scam. Do not give them any money
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • kevozzkevozz Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • iwannaknowITiwannaknowIT Member Posts: 111
    There's a picture of me next to Big Bird.....the adjective for "cheep". I read thru more reviews and believe me guys(gals),I worked too hard for my money to even consider giving a company ANY money,especially one that advertises free. Makes me wonder about the reputation of hot jobs.com and techcareer.com if they actually let such a bogus site continue to advertise employment opportunity
  • buzzkillbuzzkill Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yehh... I think when someone has gone to the effort of making a website that describes how they're a scam outfit it's probably safe to assume nothing good will come of it.

http://www.lanwan professional.info/

remove space due to censoring.

there is so much on the internet that makes them appear a dodgy scam company
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I had never heard of them before I saw the threads on here, when I started reading all the reviews and horror stories I was amazed. Just sounds completely horrible icon_rolleyes.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    They also either use to have a different name about 7 years ago....or there is another company just like them. That's when I first stumbled upon this kind of business.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???