Options

ccent

kiwi833kiwi833 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone i am new to cisco and i plan to write the exams soo i want to know how long it toke you guys to write your ccent cause thats what i plan to take first and also can someone help me with a Boson Exsim i can not get to buy that online here in africa thanks alot guy. stay blessed

Comments

• Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    It highly depends on the individual, your mileage may vary. What, if any, has your exposure been to Cisco hardware and IOS? What has your experience been with networking? Depending on how you answer that you can gauge how long it may take you. If you've passed the Network+, the CCENT would only take you a month or so to achieve. CCNA will be a tad more comprehensive when it comes to the Cisco knowledge you will have to absorb.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    just adding an entry into statistics of "how long" for ccent...

from zero experience in networking to CCENT was about 2 1/2 months and just about acing the exam. I think the only question I got wrong was a glitch in the exam simulation itself. In any case, 2 months is quite enough imo.
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    kiwi833 wrote: »
    soo i want to know how long it toke you guys to write your ccent
    It tooks me 3 days to write my CCENT and CCNA, but that has little to do with you. How long it will take you depends on how quickly you can read and learn the book and practice them labs!
    can someone help me with a Boson Exsim i can not get to buy that online
    I'm sure their customer support can help you purchase a copy. :)
  • Options
    kiwi833kiwi833 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys i really appreciate your thoughts and opinions i will take them into consideration.