TrainSignal VCAP5-DCD video

dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
TrainSignal released Designing VMware Infrastructure | Train Signal. I remember Scott Lowe mentioning this in 1 of his Q&A session.
2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
"Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman

Comments

• QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Do want. I wish TS would put their newest releases on their main page. I know I've seen several new products that I didn't know were out yet and I could only seem to find them by frequently going to their site and looking around. Sure there's Twitter and their blog, but if you don't subscribe you'd never know.
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Even Scott didn't tweet the release of the videos. I knew they were coming out last week from another forum.

Hopefully the DCA videos will follow shortly.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Yeah the DCA stuff would be great as well. If Scott didn't tweet it either, then ugh. They really need to step up their social networking.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Or fix their damn mailing list (or use it for that matter) .. Haven't received a single mail from them in months ..
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • thulasi39thulasi39 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Right. Even Scott didn't tweet this.

Trainsignal mailer helped me as they sent the discount voucher for every new product.
  • TrainSignal_JillianTrainSignal_Jillian Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    QHalo wrote: »
    Do want. I wish TS would put their newest releases on their main page. I know I've seen several new products that I didn't know were out yet and I could only seem to find them by frequently going to their site and looking around. Sure there's Twitter and their blog, but if you don't subscribe you'd never know.

Hi QHalo! Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion about putting our new releases on our homepage. We're constantly looking to optimize our site, and appreciate the feedback. I'll be sure to pass that along to our web team. Please let me know if you think of anything else you'd like to see. :)
    Even Scott didn't tweet the release of the videos. I knew they were coming out last week from another forum.

Hopefully the DCA videos will follow shortly.

Hi Odysseyelite,

I checked Scott's twitter feed and it looks like he did tweet about the release about 5 or so times last week. There are a few Scott Lowes on Twitter, so maybe you're not following the right one? Scott's official Twitter is @scott_lowe. If you are following the right guy but didn't see those tweets, we can certainly talk to our instructors about tweeting the info out more.

Thanks for the feedback!
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    Or fix their damn mailing list (or use it for that matter) .. Haven't received a single mail from them in months ..

Hi Jibbajabba,

I'm sorry you haven't been receiving any of our emails. We do send them out every time we release a new course, along with a special offer for each one. If you don't mind, please shoot us an email at support at Trainsignal dot com with your current email address, and I will make sure you receive the emails going forward. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • jasonbochejasonboche Member Posts: 167
    I have the new TrainSignal "Designing VMware Infrastructure" by Scott Lowe. I've gotten through about four or five of the modules and thus far I think Scott and TrainSignal have done a fantastic job on it.

I would like to point out that this is not a VCAP5-DCD video as suggested by the title of this thread. Although I'm sure it will be an extremely helpful resource for VCAP5-DCD candidates, and it does include a lesson at the end for tips on sitting the VCAP5-DCD exam, I don't believe the video is meant to be a "one-stop-shop" for VCAP5-DCD testing candidates. I've taken a lot of certification exams during my career and have found that multiple resources are required to round out all of the knowledge needed to cover an exam. VCAP5-DCD covers a pretty broad range of topics which span several technologies, many of which are outside of the VMware focus. It also tests on skills associated with the consultative approach to design and architecture. How quick and accurate are you with interpretation and problem solving? How do you identify and manage design input conflicts?
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+