Options

Passed ICND1 today!

j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
Just passed the ICND1 today with a score of 937, need to brush up on WAN stuff as that was my weakest section.

It took me 3 weeks to study for the exam. I passed the Network+ exam three weeks ago, so a bunch of the material was already familiar.

Here is what I used to study:
Todd Lammle: CCENT book (should have just bought the CCNA book)
Chris Bryant CCNA Ebook
CBT Nuggets
Packet Tracer

Now to move onto the ICND2, hope to have it done in the next month or two.

Comments

• Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great score! Congrats!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163
  • Options
    mapletunemapletune Member Posts: 316
    =) welcome to Ciscoland!
    Studying: vmware, CompTIA Linux+, Storage+ or EMCISA
    Future: CCNP, CCIE
  • Options
    txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    kiwi833kiwi833 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well done man im also studying towards the exams and thanks for the study materials
  • Options
    silverbulletsilverbullet Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done j.petrov - good feeling yeah!!??

• Options
    TehToGTehToG Member Posts: 194
    j.petrov wrote: »
    Just passed the ICND1 today with a score of 937, need to brush up on WAN stuff as that was my weakest section.

Congratulations. ICND2 has alot more WAN stuff so you'll brush up while studying for that.
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I just wanted to add that to get submitting down cold I actually used the subnetting made easy document from this website. I skipped subnetting from the books I read and videos I watched. It's very easy to master with that document and it's only about 4 pages... Don't confuse yourselves with the book. You need to have this down for the test.
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass!
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys! I just wanted to add that to get submitting down cold I actually used the subnetting made easy document from this website. I skipped subnetting from the books I read and videos I watched. It's very easy to master with that document and it's only about 4 pages... Don't confuse yourselves with the book. You need to have this down for the test.
    Did you have to work on a lot of Binary first before you started with the subnetting made easy document or does it contain everything you need. I was thinking of using it also.
  • Options
    beach5563 wrote: »
    Did you have to work on a lot of Binary first before you started with the subnetting made easy document or does it contain everything you need. I was thinking of using it also.

I did a little binary on its own. I found it very easy to do, the more you work with it the easier it gets. There is an iphone app from cisco that is a binary game so I played with that in my free time.

All I can say is that subnetting made easy document really made subnetting easy. I practiced the technique using subnettingquestions.com, I got to the point where I could figure out the questions easily within 30 seconds if not less. And after a while I sometimes didn't even need to look at a binary chart, which I would always write on the top of the paper when I was studying, its a good habit to have it in front of you. Within a few days of practicing I really had subnetting conquered.

I tried reading the chapter on subnetting in the Lammle book, but its too much information for something that actually turned out to be easy.

Good luck in your studies!
  • Options
    I did a little binary on its own. I found it very easy to do, the more you work with it the easier it gets. There is an iphone app from cisco that is a binary game so I played with that in my free time.

All I can say is that subnetting made easy document really made subnetting easy. I practiced the technique using subnettingquestions.com, I got to the point where I could figure out the questions easily within 30 seconds if not less. And after a while I sometimes didn't even need to look at a binary chart, which I would always write on the top of the paper when I was studying, its a good habit to have it in front of you. Within a few days of practicing I really had subnetting conquered.

I tried reading the chapter on subnetting in the Lammle book, but its too much information for something that actually turned out to be easy.

Good luck in your studies!
    that sounds good, looks like you really got it down good. I have heard of some type of binary game on the cisco website, I may check that out first and then go to subnetting made easy and the Lammle book with packet Tracer. Thanks so much man.
  • Options
    that sounds good, looks like you really got it down good. I have heard of some type of binary game on the cisco website, I may check that out first and then go to subnetting made easy and the Lammle book with packet Tracer. Thanks so much man.

No Problem! Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help. Good luck with everything.
  • Options
    cooktmcooktm Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    No Problem! Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be glad to help. Good luck with everything.
    what do you think the best method is for learning binary, it seems pretty easy just from looking at it in the lammle bood but I heard there were other quicker ways to learn it.
  • Options
    HoodrichHoodrich Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm going for mine after I finish my course, it'll be a few months from now.

Congrats!
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what do you think the best method is for learning binary, it seems pretty easy just from looking at it in the lammle bood but I heard there were other quicker ways to learn it.

The quick way is what was just discussed. You make the subnetting chart in your head after you practice it enough from the Subnetting document(5 pages) found here. Skip the books because of the TMI or Too Much Information issue but just for subnetting for now. Use your discretion on what parts to skip for the rest of the items. I would distill or narrow down anything in these books as much as possible or ignore the TMI altogether if it's identified like the subnetting in Lammel and Odom because subnetting help can be found on this site on that document!!
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very good j.petrov....Congrats! Nice score!
  • Options
    Illumanati wrote: »
    The quick way is what was just discussed. You make the subnetting chart in your head after you practice it enough from the Subnetting document(5 pages) found here. Skip the books because of the TMI or Too Much Information issue but just for subnetting for now. Use your discretion on what parts to skip for the rest of the items. I would distill or narrow down anything in these books as much as possible or ignore the TMI altogether if it's identified like the subnetting in Lammel and Odom because subnetting help can be found on this site on that document!!

Thanks so much, I may just use the binary basics in the cbt nugets vides and then go to the document for subnetting. I think subnetting is the hardest part of the whole thing. Get that down first and then go through the rest. : )
  • Options
    mgates67mgates67 Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Just started my CCENT journey a couple of weeks ago. I hope to be making a similar post by the end of October.
  • Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats you!
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • Options
    THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□

Here is what I used to study:
    Todd Lammle: CCENT book (should have just bought the CCNA book)
    Chris Bryant CCNA Ebook
    CBT Nuggets
    Packet Tracer .

Congats to You!icon_thumright.gif
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC