Options

About to register for the SSCP test, I think im going to do PBT

Heny '06Heny '06 Member Posts: 107
Plan on taking it the last Sunday in August in Reston. I know there is the wait time, but it looks to be easier that the CBT if I am not mistaken. Been prepairing with Mr. Gibson AIO and the Green book for a few months now. Read the AIO at least 3 times now. The green book is dry and boring but it has more meat than the AIO in my opinion.

Other than the wait, any other reason why I should consider the CBT over the PBT?

Comments

• Options
    HLRSHLRS Banned Posts: 142
    Doesnt CBT give you the answer right away and PBT doesnt, not sure. I would consider CBT because when I put answer its there 100% not sure about PBT.
  • Options
    FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    I've done ISSMP as PBT and then as CBT , the level of questions were the same , I failed 1st time as I didn't have enough reading done (I know where I went wrong before the failed results gat into my email). So based on both exams; there is no easier or harder. I think its the time required to finally mark your answers (PBT) is where people lose most of their marks as they are over-drained and relatively lose focus. imo

@ HLRS: CBT doesn't give you the answer right away. you know they result after the exam by few min. you don't know which answers were wrong and which were right.

to the poster: Its all up to you , however like I said there is no easier or harder different between both types. skipping the Wait all together is really worth it , you can use the apply for the certificate , study something else , or at worst case scenarios; restudy your weakest domains.

my 2 cents~
  • Options
    Heny '06Heny '06 Member Posts: 107
    Well Im going to do the CBT route then. I mean its 2012, who uses scantrons anymore :) I remember in college, having to go to the bookstore to go buy some during finals. And that wasnt too long ago Class of 2006
  • Options
    FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    GL and hope you nail it icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    As I have said earlier - rather do the PBT. Proctors at the PBT are still your peers not some "rent-a-chump" making next to nothing. Have more freedom of movement (bio-breaks, snacking, etc) than with the H.O.S.T. sites where you're basically there for the duration, at least mine is like that.

Personally, I find having the paper test easier to look back through than the flat screen and I don't subscribe to the Scraton is bad theory just because its 2012. Tech is tech. We still use pencils, paper (how long now? 3500 years? Still works), pens. Its not like they're handing you a chisel and a few slabs of fresh cut granite - you provide your own hammer? If they do, I'd suggest running immediately.

- beads