Options

24 days and counting until I take CISSP CBT 8/20

TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
Well here we go again, down to the 4th quarter. I've read the entire Shon Harris Book, I've been using SSI Logic for quizzes, I've been scoring 75% consistently. I'm currently in the process of still doing the quizzes and writing my notes on paper from the notes I typed out from my reading while reading the CISSP Study Guide by Eric Conrad. I'm going to start reading the top 5 domains that are 70% covered on the exam. I purchased the Secure Ninja Bootcamp video that I'm going to start on 8/13 so that the material would be fresh in my head. I'm going to give myself a day of rest the day before the exam (I don't believe in cramming). I've been studying since the beginning of May hitting a domain a week, I hope this is enough preparation. Last year when I took the PBT in September, my approach was different in which I wasn't discipline which resulted in a fail but we live and we learn.
Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• Options
    LobLob Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    do you know how you'd doing in those "bigger" domains? Are you getting the questions wrong or are you misinterpreting your wrong questions?

I was hitting over 90% on my practice exams in the end. 75% is cutting it fine, you might want to focus on what you're doing wrong.

Good luck!
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Good luck, TBRAYS. I have a good feeling about this! You're going to nail it! I hope those books helped
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    They definitely are, I'm going to use it while I'm doing the bootcamp......
    Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Good Luck TBRAYS! I hope you find your acorn!
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • Options
    webgeekwebgeek Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How much was the secure ninja boot camp?
    BS in IT: Information Assurance and Security (Capella) CISSP, GIAC GSEC, Net+, A+