Options

What would you do in Washington D.C. if you spent one afternoon in the city ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NOC-Ninja wrote: »
    I went to lincoln, jefferson, veterans, space museum, outside white house, zoo and smithsonian. I think dc is a great place And the metro is efficient on commuting but this humidity is too crazy for mei dont know how everyone here wear business attire and walk outside. Also, baltimore is a dead place. No place that is poppin. I hate to say this but i miss california. I cant wait to go back. Lol

Fells Point Baltimore that is the spot downtown, college type action, but it sounds like you had fun in DC. I agree about Baltimore not much good, I think we should try and trade it off for a 50 year lease to China in exchange for our debt to them; If they would have it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fells+point&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Nt9ZUPWjOoXu0gHqsYDwBw&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1191&bih=747
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    check out King street in Old Town Alexandria. Seriously some really good resturants and activities down that way. Take the blue or yellow line to the Kint St Metro.

I've moved to DC area two months ago (I like 2 miles outside of old town alexandria) and I love it. The metro rocks but the driving sucks lol. When the silver line (metro) is competed it will go all the way out to the dulles airport. In 2013 six stations should be opening that extend to the Mclean area the rest of the stations should be completed by 2016.
  • Options
    AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @demonfurbie: There are a lot of artifacts in the museum but you won't find anything high tech there...because it's a museum. There's a video crash course about lock picking, a reproduction of the James Bond Aston Martin car, the german Enigma machine, the Viet Cong tunnels, a video about Cyber attack, etc. It's very educational for a newbie. In the souvenir shop, you can buy hidden pen camera, hidden wrist watch camera, the art of war book, etc.
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    nice... looks like it would be fun, i gotta take the wife there
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think your wife would prefer that you take her to The Fashion Center at Pentagon City. There are more than 170 stores and restaurants at that shopping mall.
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.