Options

Just passed my CEH!

avarmaavarma Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

Wanted to let you know that i passed I i haven't posted anything in this forum, i've just been reading all the awesome tips and techniques everyone else posted, so this is my first of many posts. Just took the exam today at 10am, took me about 1.5hours to complete, and passed with a 76%, still don't believe it. I took a training course from QuickCert which was the CEH online videos, and it came with the official books and lab exercises. I also used Official Certified Ethical Hacker Review Guide by Steven DeFino , and Official Certified Ethical Hacker Review Guide: Exam 312-50 by Kimberly Graves. Bought both the books from amazon, for under $25 each. All in all i spent close to $1000 (includes the voucher). Looking to focus on LPT so time to start studying for that.icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations and welcome to TE! Great accomplishment!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations with your new certification. Right now im taking the C|EH equivalent course and i like it. LPT sounds very interesting and i will definitely take it as one of my electives. Good luck. icon_wink.gif
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
  • Options
    Moe 0101Moe 0101 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I am new to this site, but I plan on taking this exam within the next 6 months. I have a question for you. Did you go to one of the CEH classes or did you do self study. I am reading many who are doing self study are able to take 312-50 but I thought ECO-350 was for self study. Am I understanding this correctly?
  • Options
    HLRSHLRS Banned Posts: 142
    there is no exam for LPT you know that right, to get LPT all you need is to pass CEH and ECSA and pay $250 and background report from your local police dept. I honestly think LPT is not useful, but it sounds fancy though. In reality there is no license required to penetrate networks etc just your companies approval. So I don't know why they call it a "license". I would consider GPEN by GIAC which hold a lot more weight in employment
    http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=GPEN&l=+
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm not debating CEH is better than GPEN but companies ask for CEH 6-8x more than GPEN.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    avarmaavarma Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Moe 0101 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! I am new to this site, but I plan on taking this exam within the next 6 months. I have a question for you. Did you go to one of the CEH classes or did you do self study. I am reading many who are doing self study are able to take 312-50 but I thought ECO-350 was for self study. Am I understanding this correctly?

Moe,

I took the course from QuickCert, they provided me with the official CEH videos, the course curriculum, and the lab manual. On top of that i used the Official Certified Ethical Hacker Review Guide by Steven DeFino , and Official Certified Ethical Hacker Review Guide: Exam 312-50 by Kimberly Graves. As for the exam codes, i think one is for Prometric and Pearson Vue testing centers. I took the 312-50v7 from Pearson Vue. Hope that helps!