Options

Experience Waiver Question

merkarturmerkartur Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi folks!

I'm new to this forum. I tried to dig around for my question and didn't find any answer.
I've passed the CISSP exam and now I have to submit my endorsement.
I have the endorser that vouched for me and my form is already signed.
The only problem is that I lack around 6 month of experience.
I have my MCSA that I can waive for another year of experience and then I will meet all the requirements.
The question is:
Can I use the waiver with endorser? If yes, how do I do it?
All that I found at ISC2 site is that a waiver is included in the endorsement assistance form.
Have anybody had this problem in the past?

Thank You

P.S. Sorry for my English, I'm not a native English speaker and writer =)

Comments

• Options
    afcyungafcyung Member Posts: 212
    You can only waive one year of experience either a degree or certain certs can be used. If you don't have 4 years of infosec experience in two domains then you will need to go the associates of ISC2 route until you have the requisite experience.
  • Options
    FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    When you submit your application along with your resume; specify which domains falls under which experience. list your certification and specify that MCSA falls under the "1 year waiver" something like:

Certification:

- MCSA (1 year Waiver).

I didnt do that for Security but to make it easier for them it should work , also scan and attach your MCSA certificate as they will require a copy to verify it. (I forgat to scan it , but they sent me an email asking for it so its all cool).

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Falasi wrote: »
    When you submit your application along with your resume; specify which domains falls under which experience. list your certification and specify that MCSA falls under the "1 year waiver" something like:

Certification:

- MCSA (1 year Waiver).

I didnt do that for Security but to make it easier for them it should work , also scan and attach your MCSA certificate as they will require a copy to verify it. (I forgat to scan it , but they sent me an email asking for it so its all cool).

Hope this helps.

Would the transcript do the job or it's only cert scan?

Thank You
  • Options
    FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
    both to be safe , if you are missing something they will notify you. (they did for me as I forgat to scan Security+ certificate)
  • Options
    Thanks for the answers!
    Just sent all my staff to ISC2. It's 5 weeks of waiting for now =)
  • Options
    ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Welcome to the club - I'm waiting for endorsement acceptance too. I expect to hear something this week. Currently it seems to be taking about three weeks after submission of endorsement papers.
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!