Options

I can't remove the secret password

kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm trying to figure out how to remove the secret password on the 2500. I go into privileged mode type config t, enter then no enable secret and enter again. i log out then back in and the prompt still is asking me for a password to get into privileged mode. I'm sure i've overlooked something.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'm sure i've overlooked something.
    A regular enable password perhaps? (try no enable password instead of no enable secret, or just check the running config)
  • Options
    sorry i forgot to mention i already tried no enable password which made it worse i couldn't get into the router and had to reboot.

thanks
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    kadshah wrote:
    i couldn't get into the router and had to reboot.
    Are you connecting thru telnet instead of a console cable? Did you save the config after removing the enable secret, before the reboot.

If you run no enable secret and exit config mode and do a sh run, does it still list the enable secret? icon_confused.gif

Feel free to paste the entire config in this topic...
  • Options
    I finally removed the secret password. I think maybe i couldn't remove it before because i did it thru telnet. I just tried removing it thru the console and it work. I removed both password and secret. Thanks buddy.

peace smiles
    kaj