CCNA in 60 days??

biggenebiggene Member Posts: 153 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi folks,

I am in the process of studying (or attempting to study anyways) for my CCNA, and I was wondering if anyone has tried this book and video series out?

Cisco CCNA in 60 Days: Paul Browning, Farai Tafa: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

in60days | Pass Your Exams in 60 Days

Supposedly, you can use this to go from noob to CCNA in 60 days, but after having watched the CCENT videos from CBTNuggets, I am very skeptical of this.
Anyone have any opinions on the course and book?

Thanks for your time,
Gene

Comments

• NetworkVeteranNetworkVeteran Member Posts: 2,338 ■■■■■■■■□□
    biggene wrote: »
    I am in the process of studying (or attempting to study anyways) for my CCNA, and I was wondering if anyone has tried this book and video series out?
    I can vouch for Farai knowing his stuff technically and being able to explain things reasonably well. I have not tried this particular offering of his.
    Supposedly, you can use this to go from noob to CCNA in 60 days
    60 days is a reasonable timeline. I completed mine much faster. Some people aren't capable of completing it at all, but 60 days is doable for most people.
    but after having watched the CCENT videos from CBTNuggets
    Different product, different author, different vendor methinks. The connection?
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I went from noob to CCNA in about 60 days. You need to be dedicated to studying.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not read the book. It's a new one right?
    Farai is a double CCIE and Paul Browning's a CCNP. Both do a lot of Cisco related material together and they have their own website.
    As for the 60 days, well thats kinda subjective. I think if you have no experience of Cisco and very little networking knowledge then it will take significantly longer to gain both a CCENT and CCNA.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    go for it, heck do the ccnp & some micrsoft certs & your ccie written, plus some comptia all in less than a year. it is possible